Dietary required meals
If you're travelling on a Qantas operated flight, you can request a meal for your child or dietary needs, and we'll do our best to supply your preferred choice.
On this page
Dietary required meal requests must be made via Manage booking booking at least 24 hours before scheduled departure with the exception of Kosher meals, which must be made at least 36 hours before departure.
Dietary required meals are available on the following services:
- International – not available on Government facilitated flights. Kosher meals are currently not available on Delhi and Bengaluru sectors.
- Trans-Tasman – currently not available between Auckland and Cairns.
- Business class across domestic and regional.
- Selected economy class across domestic and regional, for flights over 3 ½ hours in flight duration^
You can request these meals if you have medical or dietary requirements or are travelling with children. Some conditions and restrictions apply.
Whilst we provide a broad selection of meals to suit most dietary requirements, we understand that some customers may have individual needs which we are unable to cater for. Unfortunately, our dietary required meal options cannot be combined with other categories.
For those customers that wish to bring their own food to ensure their specific dietary requirements are met, please be advised that we are unfortunately not able to refrigerate or heat your meal onboard. Please also ensure your meal complies with local security screening requirements.
Suitable for passengers requiring a nutritionally balanced meal that is low in sugar, fat and salts.
- Can contain: Balanced complex carbohydrates, dietary fibre; low in fat; low in salt.
- Does not contain: Fried foods, added sugar, peanuts, tree nuts or nut products.
- Also suitable for: Low-salt meals and low-fat meals.
Gluten and Dairy Friendly meal:
Suitable for passengers who require meals that does not contain gluten or dairy.
- Can contain: Gluten free breads, grains, soy milk.
- Does not contain: Wheat, rye, oats, barley or malt, any milk or milk products, peanuts, tree nuts or nut products.
- Also suitable for: Low lactose meals.
Vegan Vegetarian meal:
Suitable for passengers requiring a meal that does not contain animal products or animal by-products, no eggs and no dairy products.
- Can contain: Rice, fruits, vegetables, grains, soy, pulses, tree nuts or nut products.
- Does not contain: Any animal products such as meat, poultry, seafood, eggs, milk or honey, dairy products or peanuts.
Jain Vegetarian meal (Strict Indian):
Suitable for passengers requiring a meal that does not contain animal products or animal by-products, no eggs, no dairy products, and no root or bulbous vegetables.
- Can contain: Fruit, non-root vegetables, rice, tofu or pulses.
- Does not contain: Any eggs or egg products, dairy products, bulbous vegetables, peanuts, tree nuts or nut products.
Suitable for passengers who follow the Kosher dietary rules and regulations. All meals are prepared, served and presented according to the Jewish dietary laws.
- Can contain: Cattle, game and poultry that have been processed according to Jewish Law and dairy from Kosher animals.
- Does not contain: Food that is not prepared according to Jewish religious specifications, does not combine meat and dairy, peanuts, tree nuts or nut products.
- Kosher meals are currently not available on Delhi and Bengaluru sectors.
Suitable for passengers that require meals prepared according to Muslim dietary laws and customs.
- Can contain: Halal produced meat (beef, and lamb) and poultry (chicken and turkey), fish with scales from approved sources, dairy products, eggs and egg products.
- Does not contain: Pork or pork by-products, alcohol, peanuts, tree nuts or nut products.
Suitable for passengers that require a non-vegetarian meal prepared according to Hindu customs and respecting Hindu dietary practices and beliefs.
- Can contain: Lamb, goat, fish, poultry, eggs, dairy products, rice, fruits and/or vegetables.
- Does not contain: Beef, beef derivatives, veal, pork, raw fish, smoked fish, peanuts, tree nuts or nut products.
Baby meal (0 to 11 months):
Baby meals prepared for babies/children from 0-11 months.
- Can contain: Mashed, strained or pureed meals that can be easily eaten with a spoon.
- Does not contain: Wheat, rye, fish, seafood, eggs, solid foods, peanuts, tree nuts or nut products.
Child's meal (2 to 11 years old):
Child meal prepared for children 2 to 11 years old.
- Can contain: Lean meat, fish, poultry, dairy products, egg products, potato, pasta or rice.
- Does not contain: Fish, poultry or meat with bones, seeds, rich sauces, high seasoned foods, peanuts, tree nuts or nut products.
Dash 8 – Turboprop
On flights operated by QantasLink Dash 8 aircraft, snacks are offered all day, therefore, dietary required meals are not provided.
Airbus 320, Boeing 717, Fokker 100, Embraer 190
On flights operated by QantasLink aircraft dietary required meals are only available on flights offering a main meal (this includes morning, daytime and evening).
Disclaimer: ^ Dietary required meals cannot be requested to and from Cairns from Auckland in both Business and Economy.
Disclaimer: * Available for Qantas operated flights and must be requested at least 24 hours before departure, except Kosher meals which must be requested at least 36 hours before departure. If you have requested a dietary required meal with another airline you will need to confirm directly with them. If you change your flight, you may be required to reconfirm your dietary required meal via Manage booking.