Terms and Conditions - Game of Chance
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited 401 King Street, Hammersmith, W6 9NJ, United Kingdom (+44 208 600 4340) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in London, United Kingdom on the date stated. The promotion commences at 00:01 BST on 8 July 2019 and closes at 23:59 on 4 August 2019 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open to those based in the Germany, 18 years of age or older (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period: complete the competition entry form on qantas.com at www.qantas.com/de/en/promotions/red-email-competition.html and agree to subscribe to Qantas Red Email
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry (multiple entries are not permitted and such Entrants may be disqualified according to clause 9).
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
10) The draw will take place on 8 August 2019 at Qantas, 401 King Street, London, W6 9NJ, United Kingdom. The draw will be conducted by the Promoter (Drawer) through a digital program that randomly selects winning entries.
11) The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12) There will be 1 prize. The maximum total prize pool value is EUR 3,000, based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
13) The prize is 2 adult return Economy tickets from London Heathrow to Australia on Qantas operated flights QF2 or QF10 and returning from Australia to London Heathrow on Qantas operated flights QF1 or QF9. Connecting flights to/from London Heathrow from/to Berlin, Frankfurt, Hanover, Stuttgart, Dusseldorf, Munich, Hamburg will be part of the prize and booked with a partner airline, British Airways. Flights will be booked by Qantas. The prize does not include travel to or from any of these airports. This prize is not transferrable to other persons.
14) The prize includes VAT and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
15) Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking and is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winner and their companion must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
16) Prize travel must be booked by 26 August 2019 with travel completed by 30 June 2020. Flights are subject to availability at the time of booking. Travel dates which are excluded are:
26 August – 27 October 2019 inclusive
6 December 2019 – 6 February 2020 inclusive
4 April 2020 – 19 April 2020 inclusive
28 June 2020 – 30 June 2020 inclusive
There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
17) The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
18) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
19) The winner will be notified by email on 9 August 2019.
Right of the Promoter
20) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 09:30 BST on Friday 16 August 2019, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 16 August 2019 at Qantas, 401 King Street, Hammersmith, London, W6 9NJ, United Kingdom, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email within 2 days after the draw.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
21) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
22) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
23) The exclusion of liability in clause 22 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
24) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, if agreed to by the winner. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
25) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.