Qantas Flight Credits
Find out about Flight Credits and when they can be used.
Due to high demand, we're experiencing some delays in call wait times and the processing of Flight Credits, refunds and other options.
If your flights were booked through a travel agency or third-party website, contact these companies directly for assistance.
On this page
Qantas Flight Credits can only be redeemed on bookings:
- Where the new fare amount (which excludes carrier charges, fees and taxes) is equal to or higher than the original fare and the conditions of the new fare are met, except if your original booking was made on or before 31 July 2021, where your Flight Credit can be used for multiple bookings. Any applicable fare difference will apply. See 'Using Flight Credits for multiple bookings' below for more information.
- Departing from the country in which the original ticket was issued. To redeem a Flight Credit for a flight departing outside of that country, contact your local Qantas office at the time of booking.
Qantas Flight Credits can't be redeemed on bookings:
- With a lower value than the Flight Credit value, except if your original booking made on or before 31 July 2021, where your Flight Credit can be used for multiple bookings. Any applicable fare difference will apply. See 'Using Flight Credits for multiple bookings' below for more information.
- Where travel has commenced, for example, for an upgrade or additional fares.
- Round the world and Jetstar bookings. For multi-city bookings contact your local Qantas Office.
For additional information refer to the conditions below.
Redeem your Flight Credit by entering the credit reference and your last name below. Once your Flight Credit information is displayed, click on the Find Flights button to book your flights.
Your Flight Credit reference is six characters, and is a mix of letters and numbers. In most cases, this reference is the same as your original booking reference.
Book your flight using your Flight Credit
You may not be able to retrieve or use your Flight Credit online if:
- Your Flight Credit has been converted into another credit type (eg Qantas TravelPass). If you're unable to access your original Flight Credit or see it in your Frequent Flyer bookings or credit list, refer to the confirmation email sent when your credit was converted for information on how to view and use it.
- You had commenced travel on your original booking and your ticket is partially flown. If you haven't received a Flight Credit confirmation email, you'll need to contact us to use your Flight Credit. When calling, have your original booking reference handy.
- Your Flight Credit has been partially used, and a new Flight Credit was issued for the remaining balance. Refer to your new Flight Credit confirmation email for the new reference number.
- You're trying to view your Flight Credit on the Qantas app. You'll need to access it on either your desktop or mobile device.
If your Flight Credit isn't displayed in your Frequent Flyer or Qantas Business Rewards bookings or credit list, and the credit hasn't been converted, you can retrieve your booking above using your Flight Credit reference and last name, and then add your Frequent Flyer or Qantas Business Rewards details back in when you make a new booking.
There are no fees associated with obtaining your Flight Credit. However, any fees that applied to your original booking will apply at time of redeeming your Flight Credit, unless they have been waived. For example, if you purchased a Red e-Deal or sale fare, the change fee will be charged when you redeem your flight credit. Make sure you check the fare conditions of your original booking to find out what fees will apply when you redeem your Flight Credit. No fees will be charged where Qantas cancels your flights.
- Flight Credits are non-transferable.
- To redeem a Flight Credit, you must make a booking that includes all passengers who were on the original booking. If all passengers no longer wish to travel together, contact your local Qantas office.
- Cancellation conditions of the original booking will apply. Refer to the fare conditions for details.
- Any existing, unused Flight Credits issued after 31 January 2019 for bookings made on or before 31 July 2021, are valid for bookings and travel until 31 December 2023. This may take a few weeks to update in the system. Just request your Flight Credit before your scheduled date of departure.
- Flight Credits for bookings made from 1 August 2021 are valid for booking and travel within 12 months from your original booking date.
- If you don't use your Flight Credit before the expiry date, the Flight Credit value will be forfeited unless the original fare conditions permitted a refund, and your refund request was submitted prior to the expiry date.
Using Flight Credits for multiple bookings
- If your original booking was made on or before 31 July 2021, your Flight Credit can be used across multiple future bookings, provided there is credit remaining.
- Book your Qantas flights and ensure all travel is completed before 31 December 2023.
- If you don’t use the full value of your Flight Credit in one transaction, we’ll issue you a new Flight Credit of the remaining balance and with the same expiry date.
- If your original fare conditions permitted a refund, you’ll need to request the refund prior to using the Flight Credit and before the expiry date.
- Once you commence using your Flight Credit, the fare conditions from your original booking no longer apply, and any remaining value not used before the expiry date is non-refundable (except in certain circumstances including under the Australian Consumer Law) and will be forfeited.