Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for redeeming and earning Qantas Points by booking hotels on qantas.com/hotels.
General terms and conditions for hotels
- You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program ("Member") to earn and redeem Qantas Points. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. A joining fee may apply.
- These terms and conditions exist in addition to specific terms and conditions of a hotel booking.
Redeeming Qantas Points for hotels
- Logged in Qantas Frequent Flyer members can redeem Qantas Points when booking at qantas.com for all hotels. The ability to use Points Plus Pay is subject to meeting the minimum requirement of 5,000 Qantas Points.
- Qantas Points deduction: Once a booking is confirmed, Qantas Frequent Flyer members will receive an email and the number of Qantas Points required for the hotel will be deducted from their Qantas Frequent Flyer account. There is no fixed relationship between the cash value charged by the applicable hotel provider and the Qantas Points required to redeem a hotel room.
- Additional charges: Qantas Frequent Flyer members will not be able to redeem Qantas Points for additional charges paid to the hotel for extras (including cots, breakfasts and other incidentals) on check-in or check-out (as applicable).
- If a Member is eligible for a refund, the Member can elect whether they receive that refund (less any applicable fee) in cash, Qantas Points, or a combination of cash and Qantas Points. However, the number of Qantas Points or the cash amount refunded in such circumstances cannot exceed the number of Qantas Points originally used or the cash amount originally paid in respect of the booking.
Earning Qantas Points with hotels
- Qantas Frequent Flyer members will earn 3 Qantas Points per A$1 spent for all stays booked at Qantas Hotels. Qantas Points are earned on accommodation only (room rate) and are not earned on any amounts payable directly to the hotel or additional fees or hotel sundries charged to the room (for example room service, hotel dining etc.).
- Qantas Points can be earned by the person staying at the hotel in addition to Qantas Points earned by the business.
- Members must enter their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number at the time of booking on qantas.com/hotels in order to earn Qantas Points.
- Qantas Points cannot be split between two or more Members occupying the same room.
- Qantas Points will not be earned on cancelled bookings. Qantas Points are earned on no show bookings provided the Member has paid for the booking in full and the booking has not been cancelled.
- Qantas Points can take up to 8 weeks after your stay to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
- For all hotel bookings on qantas.com/hotels, Qantas Points may be earned only by the Member in whose name the booking is made (provided their membership details have been entered correctly). Qantas Points are earned in accordance with the rates set out above subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program.
- Note: The Qantas Points earned by booking selected hotels on qantas.com/hotels are provided by Qantas Airways Limited. Other Qantas Points earn offers may be provided by some hotels (the hotel may or may not offer Qantas Points in addition to or instead of the Qantas Points earned by booking on qantas.com/hotels), although some hotels may not allow Members to earn Qantas Points with that hotel in conjunction with this or other offers.