Simple, flexible and easy to use.
Created to give our customers more flexibility, Qantas Pass is a virtual account that stores the value of your Flight Credit.
From July 2021, Qantas will be transferring certain Flight Credits to a Qantas Pass. Frequent Flyer members and Qantas Business Rewards customers can view which Flight Credits have been transferred to a Qantas Pass by logging into their account and selecting ‘See all bookings’. Underneath your original booking reference, you will see an alert titled ‘Qantas Pass’.
Your Qantas Pass will be issued in an email outlining your Qantas Pass number, expiry date and important information about its use.
Powered by UATP, your Qantas Pass can be used with Qantas for:
- Flight bookings.
- Qantas travel products like additional baggage and seat selection.
- Multiple bookings so you can use your Qantas Pass when it suits you.
- Any number of passengers, even those not on your original booking.
Watch the video for step-by-step instructions on how to use your Qantas Pass.
When making a booking, you can use your Qantas Pass simply on qantas.com. Here’s how:
- Book your flights, additional baggage and seat selection on qantas.com.
- On the 'Payment' page, select the 'Qantas Pass' option on the payment panel.
- Enter your Qantas Pass details.
Note: you can't use your Qantas Pass as a payment option if carbon offset or travel insurance is included in your booking.
- No card payment fees apply when paying with your Qantas Pass online.
- If your new booking is more than the balance of your Qantas Pass, you can pay the balance with another card type. A card payment fee may apply to the balance depending on the method of payment. For more information on using multiple forms of payment, visit Payment options and Schedule of fees.
- Alternatively, you can make your booking through your local Qantas office, however booking fees may apply.
Qantas will provide you with the Terms and Conditions of use for your Qantas Pass. These include but are not limited to:
- Your Qantas Pass is valid until the expiry date shown (book and complete travel before the expiry date).
- You Qantas Pass can be used as a form of payment through Qantas: on qantas.com or through your local Qantas office (booking fees may apply).
- Your Qantas Pass is non-transferable and may not be sold, traded or bartered. It may not be redeemed for cash, cheque or credit, except where required by law.
- Your Qantas Pass is issued in the currency as displayed. If you'd like to use your Qantas Pass for a booking in another currency, it will be subject to currency exchange rates at time of booking.
- Your Qantas Pass is issued in the name of the person who paid for the original booking and will be emailed to the primary booking contact provided at the time of booking.
- Except where prohibited by law, we may, at our discretion for reasons including but not limited to mistaken issuance, fraudulent use or breach of these terms and conditions, cancel, void, reject, modify or reissue a Qantas Pass.
- Your Qantas Pass will not be accepted as a form of payment if the Qantas Pass number is invalid or cannot be identified.
- Qantas is not liable for the loss or theft of a Qantas Pass or the unintended use of a Qantas Pass by a person other than the recipient, and it’s important to keep these details safe and secure. If you lose your Qantas Pass details, contact your local Qantas office as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn Qantas Points. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions. A program joining fee usually applies, however you can join free here.
Disclaimer: *To participate you must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member holding a Qantas travel credit. Qantas Frequent Flyer members who register on the campaign page or via email and make an Eligible Flight booking between 12:01am (AEDT) Tuesday 13 December 2022 and 11:59pm (AEDT) 31 January 2023, for travel between 12.01am (AEDT) Tuesday 13 December 2022 and 11:59pm (AEDT) 31 December 2023 will earn double Qantas Points. To be eligible, part or full payment must be made with a Qantas travel credit (including Flight Credit, Qantas Pass, Qantas TravelPass and Qantas Credit). Booking fees may apply, the individual terms and conditions of the Qantas travel credit type still apply. All members in a booking must individually register and include their Qantas Frequent Flyer number in their booking to be eligible. Double Qantas Points will be earned on each eligible flight booked within the offer period. Double Qantas Points will be credited to eligible Qantas Frequent Flyer accounts from eight (8) weeks after travel. Qantas reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of the promotion or promotion period at its reasonable discretion by publishing revised terms including but not limited to, cancelling or in any way modifying the offer or the offer period. Full or part travel of an itinerary is eligible only if you book (regardless of payment date) and travel within the promotional dates as listed above. If you cancel your initial qualifying booking or change it to be outside the promotional period, the double Qantas Points offer will not apply. An Eligible Flight for the purpose of this promotion means a flight with a 'QF' flight number on an Australian Domestic or International ticket where a Qantas travel credit was used for full or part payment and where Qantas Points are normally earned. For full details, see terms and conditionsOpens external site. Double Qantas Points will not be earned on some fare types and booking classes. See Airline Earning Table for details. Other passengers in the same booking must register separately to be eligible for this offer. This offer is not transferable. If you qualify and register for multiple bonus Qantas Points offers for the same flight segment, the highest value bonus offer will be applied to each individual qualifying segment. Only one double Qantas Points offer can be used per individual qualifying segment of your itinerary, however if you qualified for a special offer on your Qantas TravelPass, both offers will be applied. Double Qantas Points are based on the Base Rate which applies, or the Minimum Points Guarantee if applicable. Double Qantas Points may be earned on multiple eligible flight bookings made during the promotion period. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Qantas Points or Status Credits offers offered by Qantas. Flights are subject to availability and any applicable fare conditions. Flights can be booked via the Qantas website, a travel agent, Qantas Contact Centres or the dedicated Qantas Travel Credit Concierge team who can be contacted on 1300 171 505. Fees and charges may apply. Your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number must be recorded at the time of registration and booking to earn double Qantas Points. Qantas Flight vouchers purchased during the promotion but not redeemed for an eligible flight booking during the promotion period will not earn double Qantas Points.