Qantas Flight Credits
Find out about flight credits and when they can be used.
Due to high demand, we're experiencing some delays in call wait times and the processing of flight credits and other options.
If your flights were booked through a travel agency or third-party website, contact these companies directly for assistance.
On this page
There are no fees associated with obtaining or using your flight credit. However, any fees that applied to your original booking will apply at time of redeeming your flight credit. For example, if you purchased a Red e-Deal or sale fare, the change fee will be charged when you redeem your flight credit. Make sure you check the fare conditions of your original booking to find out what fees will apply when you redeem your flight credit. No fees will be charged where Qantas cancels your flights.
Qantas Flight Credits can only be redeemed on bookings:
- where the new fare amount (which excludes carrier charges, fees and taxes) is equal to or higher than the original fare and the conditions of the new fare are met.
- departing from the country in which the original booking was made. To redeem a flight credit issued outside of your home country, contact your local Qantas office at the time of booking.
- where all domestic travel is completed 12 months from the date your original booking was created. For international travel, you can redeem online or contact your local Qantas office.
- Flight Credits are valid until the expiry date shown, with the exception of Flight Credits for which an extension has been applied.
- Flight Credits issued between 31 January and 30 September 2020 for travel on or before 30 September 2020, have an expiry date of 31 December 2021.
- Any existing, unused Flight Credits issued after 31 January 2019 are valid until 31 December 2021.
Qantas Flight Credits can't be redeemed on bookings:
- with a lower value than the flight credit value.
- where travel has commenced, for example, for an upgrade or additional fares.
- round the world and Jetstar bookings. For multi-city bookings contact your local Qantas Office.
Qantas Flight Credits are non-transferable. To redeem your flight credit, you must make a booking that includes all passengers who were on the original booking. Cancellation conditions of the original booking will apply. Refer to the fare conditions for details.
If you don't use your Flight Credit before the expiry date, the Flight Credit value will be forfeited unless the original fare conditions permitted a refund, and your refund request was submitted prior to the expiry date.