Simple, flexible and easy to use.
A Qantas TravelPass is a virtual card that may be issued when you request a Flight Credit for an eligible booking. Once your TravelPass is issued, you'll receive an email outlining your TravelPass number, expiry date and important information about its use.
Your TravelPass is powered by UATP, and can be used exclusively with Qantas for:
- flight bookings,
- travel products booked with Qantas, such as an extra baggage allowance and seat selection,
- multiple bookings, so you don't have to use the entire value at one time, and
- any number of passengers, even those not on your original booking.
Your TravelPass can be used like any pre-paid card for your flight booking payment.
- Book your flight on this website.
- On the 'Payment' page, select the 'TravelPass and Credit' option on the payment panel and enter your details.
Note: if your booking includes insurance or carbon offset, you won’t be able to use your Qantas TravelPass to pay.
- No card payment fees apply when paying with your TravelPass online.
- If your new booking is more than the balance of your TravelPass, you can pay the balance with another card type. A card payment fee may apply to the balance. For more information on using multiple forms of payment, visit Payment options.
- Alternatively, you can make your booking through your local Qantas office, however booking fees may apply.
Before booking, ensure you check the latest Government travel requirements, which may include mandatory health declarations, vaccinations, use of face masks, entry permits, pre-approval and quarantine (possibly at your own expense), or you could be denied entry.
- If you try to use more than one TravelPass to pay for your booking, and your transaction is declined due to insufficient funds on one of the cards, there'll be a hold on your funds for the other card pending authorisation. To release this hold, contact your local Qantas office.
- Your TravelPass is valid until the expiry date shown (book and complete travel before the expiry date).
- Your TravelPass can be used as a form of payment through Qantas: on qantas.com or through your local Qantas office (booking fees may apply).
- The fare conditions from your original booking no longer apply once you've converted your flight booking or Flight Credit to a TravelPass. Any remaining value on your TravelPass not used before the expiry date is non-refundable and will be forfeited (except in certain limited circumstances including under the Australian Consumer Law).
- Your TravelPass is non-transferable and may not be sold, traded or bartered.
- Your TravelPass is non-returnable and may not be redeemed for cash, cheque or credit, except where required by law.
- Your TravelPass is issued in the currency as displayed. If you'd like to use your credit for a booking in another currency, you may be charged a currency conversion fee.
- Your TravelPass is issued in the name of the person who paid for the original booking and will be emailed to the primary booking contact provided at the time of booking. It’s your responsibility to obtain the consent of the person who paid for the original booking to convert your flight booking or Flight Credit to a TravelPass.
- Except where prohibited by law, we may, at our discretion for reasons including but not limited to mistaken issuance, fraudulent use or breach of these terms and conditions, cancel, void, reject, modify or reissue a TravelPass.
- Your TravelPass will not be accepted as a form of payment if the TravelPass number is invalid or cannot be identified.
- Your TravelPass is valuable. It's important to keep these details safe and secure. We're not liable for the loss or theft of a TravelPass or the unintended use of a TravelPass by a person other than the recipient. If you lose your TravelPass details, contact your local Qantas office as soon as possible.
From time-to-time, there may be special offers available for the TravelPass and its use. These offers are unique and may be promoted by either phone or email to individual customers.
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn Qantas Points. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions. A program joining fee usually applies, however you can join free here.
Disclaimer: *To participate you must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member holding a Qantas travel credit. Qantas Frequent Flyer members who register on the campaign page or via email and make an Eligible Flight booking between 12:01am (AEDT) Tuesday 13 December 2022 and 11:59pm (AEDT) 31 January 2023, for travel between 12.01am (AEDT) Tuesday 13 December 2022 and 11:59pm (AEDT) 31 December 2023 will earn double Qantas Points. To be eligible, part or full payment must be made with a Qantas travel credit (including Flight Credit, Qantas Pass, Qantas TravelPass and Qantas Credit). Booking fees may apply, the individual terms and conditions of the Qantas travel credit type still apply. All members in a booking must individually register and include their Qantas Frequent Flyer number in their booking to be eligible. Double Qantas Points will be earned on each eligible flight booked within the offer period. Double Qantas Points will be credited to eligible Qantas Frequent Flyer accounts from eight (8) weeks after travel. Qantas reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of the promotion or promotion period at its reasonable discretion by publishing revised terms including but not limited to, cancelling or in any way modifying the offer or the offer period. Full or part travel of an itinerary is eligible only if you book (regardless of payment date) and travel within the promotional dates as listed above. If you cancel your initial qualifying booking or change it to be outside the promotional period, the double Qantas Points offer will not apply. An Eligible Flight for the purpose of this promotion means a flight with a 'QF' flight number on an Australian Domestic or International ticket where a Qantas travel credit was used for full or part payment and where Qantas Points are normally earned. For full details, see terms and conditionsOpens external site. Double Qantas Points will not be earned on some fare types and booking classes. See Airline Earning Table for details. Other passengers in the same booking must register separately to be eligible for this offer. This offer is not transferable. If you qualify and register for multiple bonus Qantas Points offers for the same flight segment, the highest value bonus offer will be applied to each individual qualifying segment. Only one double Qantas Points offer can be used per individual qualifying segment of your itinerary, however if you qualified for a special offer on your Qantas TravelPass, both offers will be applied. Double Qantas Points are based on the Base Rate which applies, or the Minimum Points Guarantee if applicable. Double Qantas Points may be earned on multiple eligible flight bookings made during the promotion period. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Qantas Points or Status Credits offers offered by Qantas. Flights are subject to availability and any applicable fare conditions. Flights can be booked via the Qantas website, a travel agent, Qantas Contact Centres or the dedicated Qantas Travel Credit Concierge team who can be contacted on 1300 171 505. Fees and charges may apply. Your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number must be recorded at the time of registration and booking to earn double Qantas Points. Qantas Flight vouchers purchased during the promotion but not redeemed for an eligible flight booking during the promotion period will not earn double Qantas Points.