- Best value: Classic Upgrade Rewards are the best value when using your Qantas Points.
- Top priority: Requests are prioritised before Bid Now requests, giving you the best chance.
- Early notification: Depending on your membership tier, you know if your upgrade request has been successful as early as seven days before international flights and three days for Australian domestic flights.
Classic Upgrade Rewards
Bid Now Upgrades
- You set the bid: Choose the amount you’d be happy to pay for an upgrade.
- Flexible payment: Place a bid using just cash, or a combination of cash and Qantas Points.
- Boost your bid: Modify an unconfirmed bid as many times as you like, up to five hours before a domestic flight and 10 hours before an international flight.
Domestic On Departure Upgrade Rewards
- Loyalty benefit: Available to Platinum One, Platinum, Gold, Qantas Club and Points Club Plus members.
- Upgrade after check-in: Upgrade within three hours of your scheduled flight departure, once you've checked in. Upgrade requests are confirmed on the spot.
- Best value: Enjoy the same great value as Classic Upgrade Rewards to help your Qantas Points take you further.
Which upgrade is right for me?
|Classic Upgrade Rewards
|Bid Now Upgrades
|Domestic On Departure Upgrade Rewards
|Upgrade with Qantas Points
|Upgrade with cash or a mix of cash and Qantas Points
|Priority given to Qantas Frequent Flyers
|When can this upgrade be requested?
|From time of booking
|If eligible, from time of booking
|From 3 hours before departure
|Upgrade instantly confirmed
Explore our premium cabins
Seated in an intimate and private cabin, you'll enjoy the benefits of flying premium with dedicated check-in, priority boarding, a well thought out seat design with indulgent touches to make you feel at home plus a refreshed menu and extensive wine list.Learn more about Premium Economy
A superior way to fly.
For work or play, explore Business with more space to relax, a dedicated cabin, the freshest seasonal ingredients in the sky, lounge access and our friendly cabin crew ready to look after you.Learn more about Business
Enjoy a journey of unsurpassed luxury. Relax in one of our stylish lounges before your flight, enjoy a spa treatment before take-off if you're travelling with us from Sydney or Melbourne. Then once onboard, settle in and stretch out in the spacious surrounds of your individual suite.Learn more about First
Frequently asked questions
Disclaimer: * Classic Upgrade Rewards are available on Classic Flight Rewards in Economy and Premium Economy and eligible paid and confirmed Qantas domestic and international flights, with a Qantas (QF) flight number on your ticket and from time to time on codeshare flights operated by another carrier that have a QF flight number on your ticket. Classic Upgrade Rewards are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. Classic Upgrade Rewards may also be requested on eligible Qantas Points Plus Pay – Flights but are not available on international airfares booked in E, N, O, Q class which includes some Qantas Points Plus Pay - Flights and some international Red e-Deal fares. Conditions apply. Visit Classic Upgrade Rewards for details.
Disclaimer: ^ Bid Now Upgrade offers are considered after Classic Upgrade Reward requests are confirmed. All offers will be accepted or rejected on Qantas sole and absolute discretion. You are responsible for ensuring you have sufficient funds on your nominated payment card and/or enough Qantas Points in your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account from the time the upgrade offer is submitted to the scheduled flight departure time. When an upgrade offer is accepted, you will be notified by email. Qantas will deduct the amount of the upgrade offer from the nominated payment card and/or Qantas Points from your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account at any time from the time it is granted. If an upgrade offer is successful, the nominated payment card will be charged the money payable in the currency displayed on the payment page. If your Bid Now Upgrade offer is successful, the original fare rules of your booking will apply to your upgraded booking. Products and services featured may vary according to aircraft type and configuration and is subject to change. You'll earn Qantas Points and Status Credits at the rate or your original booking. Visit Bid Now terms and conditions.
Disclaimer: ~ On Departure Upgrade Rewards are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. Available to request for domestic Qantas operated flights with a QF flight number. Visit Classic Upgrade Rewards for details.