When booking flights at qantas.com, choose a payment method that suits you. Find out which options are available and conditions that may apply.
On this page
The range of payment methods and the options available to you will depend on the country that your booking departs from and the amount of time left before you depart.
You may be offered one or more of the following payment options when making your flight booking:
- Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club and American Express)
- Debit card
- Qantas Points
- Pay Per Person
- Flight credits.
Pay for your flight using one of the following options:
If you're a Qantas Frequent Flyer, you can save your credit or debit card details for the next time you book a flight and save time.
- Simply log in to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account before making your booking.
- When paying for your flight, select 'save card details'.
To update your stored card details, log in to your Frequent Flyer account.
Update stored card details:
- Login to your Frequent Flyer account.
- Select 'Your profile'.
- Click the 'Flight booking payment' option to edit or delete your stored card details.
Introducing PayPal, a new payment option for purchasing flights online. It is a convenient, safer and flexible method of payment. You can earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points when you select a Frequent Flyer earning credit card when you are completing your payment.
Booking a flight with PayPal
- Select PayPal as a payment method when paying for an eligible flight. If you do not have PayPal, you can sign up for free.
- Log into PayPal and enter your email address and password to sign in.
- Choose your preferred bank account or credit card and shipping address to complete the payment.
For further detailed information, you can visit our PayPal payment page.
To use your Qantas UATP card to pay for your booking, simply select UATP as your payment method.
How to book your flights using BPAY
- Book your flights at least 7 days before departure
- Choose BPAY as your payment option and accept the BPAY conditions
- Your BPAY Biller Code and unique Customer Reference number will appear on the Thanks page and will be sent to your email address. You can also find your BPAY details when you log into your booking at Manage booking. Make sure you check your Reference Number as it changes with every booking.
- Now just use your banking facilities and follow the prompts to transfer payment from your cheque or savings account before midnight (local time of your departure city) on the same day of booking and your booking is complete.
BPAY payments to Qantas take up to two banking days to be processed. To allow enough time for your BPAY payment to be processed, including any payments made outside business hours, it is important that you access your banking facilities and complete the steps to pay before midnight on the same day of booking.
Once your payment has been processed an e-ticket itinerary receipt will be sent to your email, please allow two banking days for processing.
- BPAY payment is accepted from cheque or savings accounts only.
- Full payment must be made in a single BPAY payment - split payments, including top-up BPAY payments, are not permitted.
- BPAY is not eligible as payment for fares booked using Qantas Points.
Qantas Frequent Flyer members have the option to use Qantas Points to book flights using Classic Flight Rewards or Points Plus Pay – Flights. Login to your Frequent Flyer account to make a booking using your Qantas Points.
Classic Flight Rewards
Points Plus Pay – Flights
As a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, you can choose the Points Plus Pay - Flights option to pay for your flights with a mixture of Qantas Points and money at qantas.com. The more Qantas Points used, the less money paid. You can even choose to pay entirely with your Qantas Points, including the taxes, fees and charges.
The minimum number of Qantas Points required starts from 5,000 points per booking and is subject to change.
How to book using Points Plus Pay - Flights
1. Login to your Frequent Flyer account before you make your booking.
2. Select your preferred flights.
3. Choose the 'Use Points Plus Pay' button on the Options page.
4. Use the sliding tool to choose the mix of Qantas Points and money that suits you.
5. Complete your booking using your payment details for the chosen amount.
Travelling together, but want to pay separately? Pay Per Person takes away the stress about who's settling the bill. When making payment, each traveller on the same booking can pay for their flights and added extras separately using their own credit or debit card, or share the same card for a few travellers. Payment must be complete for each passenger using their credit or debit card at the time of making the booking. If full payment is not complete, the booking will be cancelled. Credit card fees may apply. Payment cannot be made using a Qantas Flight Credit.
The option to Pay Per Person is available for all flight bookings with a maximum of nine travellers and nine payment cards. Pay Per Person is not available for itineraries that include Carbon Offset. If you're the person making the booking, you must have permission from all individuals to make the booking on their behalf, including their credit or debit card details for payment.
When making your flight booking, you may wish to use more than one form of payment.
Payments for online bookings can be a combination of:
- one credit or debit card per person, per booking (refer to Pay Per Person for more information), or
- Qantas Points plus a credit or debit card per booking.
If you choose to make a booking through your local Qantas office, you may pay with up to two different forms of payment per person per booking:
- two credit or debit cards,
- Qantas Points plus a credit or debit card, or
- Qantas Flight Credit, Qantas Credit or gift voucher plus a credit or debit card.
Days are calculated as a 24 hour period, not calendar days.
Disclaimer: *Bookings made through Qantas Contact Centres and selected Qantas airport locations, web chat and social media channels may attract an additional booking fee per passenger per booking – see the Schedule of Fees for more information.
Disclaimer: ^ There is a maximum limit of 20 characters for the name assigned to the details of each stored card. If more than one Frequent Flyer is in the booking, the card is stored against the logged in Frequent Flyer’s membership number only. If you do not wish to store your card information for future bookings, please do not tick the box during the booking process. To see and use a stored card, you must be logged in to the Frequent Flyer profile against which the card was stored. Expired stored cards will not be visible on the payment page when making a future booking.
Disclaimer: + Points Plus Pay - Flights is not available for Classic Flight Rewards bookings or the Book Now Pay Later facility. Not all Points Plus Pay - Flights are presented through Flight Bookings and the points and money required for the different flights may differ, so it may be worth checking both Flight Bookings and Reward Bookings for your flights. Find out more about Points Plus Pay - Flights or view the full terms and conditions.
Disclaimer: # Some financial institutions may charge a fee for certain payment methods – check with your financial institution for other applicable fees or charges.
Disclaimer: ~ PayPal is available for bookings made online at qantas.com where you see the PayPal logo. You can use Paypal to pay for the monetary portion of Points Plus Pay tickets. PayPal is not available for Reward Bookings, Multi-City or Round the World itineraries. It cannot be used to purchase gift vouchers or non-flight products and services. Bookings made with PayPal are subject to PayPal’s User Agreement. You must have am active PayPal account to use PayPal. Bookings made with PayPal may incur a payment fee. For more information view the Schedule of Fees. The PayPal service is provided by PayPal Australia Pty Limited (ABN 93 111 195 389) which holds an Australian Financial Services Licence number 304962. Before deciding to sign-up for or use the PayPal service you should consider the User Agreement and Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement, available at PayPal.
Disclaimer: ** To earn Frequent Flyer Points you must select a Frequent Flyer earning credit card as your funding source when using PayPal. American Express credit cards are not available for use with PayPal.