Special flights from Australia to France
As the national carrier, we're proud to operate selected flights on behalf of the Australian Federal Government to bring more people home during this unprecedented time.
If you’re an Australian citizen or a permanent resident you cannot leave Australia due to COVID-19 restrictions unless you have an exemption. Visit the Australian Department of Home AffairsOpens external site in a new window website for more information.
Last updated: 18 November 2020
We’ll be operating the following flights:
- QF175, departing Sydney at 3.35pm on 13 December, arriving Paris (Charles de Gaulle) at 6am on 14 December 2020.
- QF175, departing Perth at 6.45pm on 13 December, arriving Paris (Charles de Gaulle) at 6am on 14 December 2020.
These flights are being operated for repatriation purposes and tickets are available in Business, Premium Economy and Economy. Services on these flights will be significantly reduced, including the following:
- limited onboard food and bottles of water. Should you wish to bring food and non-alcoholic drinks for your flight, you’re welcome to do so. Note: as galley storage space is restricted, items you bring will need to be stored in your carry-on baggage. Drinks you choose to bring will also need to comply with any powders, liquids, aerosols and gels screening requirements where applicable.
- Inflight entertainment will be unavailable and we recommend you bring alternative material for your entertainment.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer benefits (Status Credits, Qantas Points and the option to upgrade with points) will not apply.
- Seat selection is unavailable.
- Seats are available until sold out.
- Due to the high number of passengers wanting to travel on these flights, it may not be possible to provide seat separation for all passengers, and you may be seated next to other passengers.
Make a flight booking, including using a Qantas Credit or TravelPass
Redeem a Flight Credit
Redeem your Flight Credit by entering the credit reference and your last name below. Once your Flight Credit is displayed, click on the Find Flights button to book your flight.
Government travel requirements
- Ensure you check the latest government travel restrictions and information on quarantine before booking.
- If you are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident you cannot leave Australia due to COVID-19 restrictions unless you have an exemption. Visit the Australian Department of Home AffairsOpens external site in a new window website for more information.
- Ensure you check current Australian travel alertsOpens external site in a new window for the latest information when you’re leaving Australia.
Before being accepted for travel, you’ll be required to:
- complete the pre-travel health screen form online, and
- have your temperature taken at the airport.
Information regarding the check-in process will be provided once your booking has been made.
Pre-existing medical conditions
If you have a pre-existing medical condition, you'll be required to complete a travel clearance form. Go to our Medical Clearance page to review the information, download the form for completion and return to us as soon as possible.
Wearing face masks
On boarding the aircraft, you’ll be provided with a face mask and a disposal bag for used masks. Face masks must be worn for the duration of the flight. You’ll also be required to change your mask every two hours throughout the flight, and replacement masks will be provided.
- Cabin baggage must not exceed 2 pieces, weighing a maximum of 14kgs combined per passenger (one piece cannot weigh more than 10kgs).
- Checked baggage allowance is 40kgs per passenger, where the total dimensions for each piece must not exceed 158cm (62in). You can calculate the dimensions by adding together the width, height and depth of the piece of baggage.
- Cabin baggage must not exceed 1 piece, weighing a maximum of 7kgs per passenger.
- Checked baggage allowance is 30kgs per passenger, where the total dimensions for each piece must not exceed 158cm (62in). You can calculate the dimensions by adding together the width, height and depth of the piece of baggage.
If you need an additional checked baggage allowance, you can purchase it online before travel. Note: excess baggage can't be purchased at the airport before departure.