Special flights from Australia to Germany
If you’re an Australian citizen or a permanent resident, you cannot leave Australia due to COVID-19 restrictions unless you’re fully vaccinated or you have an exemption. Visit the Australian Department of Home AffairsOpens external site in a new window website for more information.
All passengers on flights to or from Australia operated by Qantas (aged 12 years and older) will be required to be fully vaccinated with a TGA-approved or recognised vaccine and be provided a vaccination certificate issued by a verified source (some exemptions for medical reasons and children).
Before travel, ensure you check the latest government travel requirements, which may include mandatory health declarations, vaccinations, pre-departure COVID-19 testing, use of face masks, entry permits, pre-approval and quarantine (possibly at your own expense), or you could be denied entry.
Last updated: 1 November 2021
We’ll be operating the following flight:
- QF333, departing Darwin on 13 November, arriving Frankfurt on 14 November 2021.
Services on these flights will be significantly reduced, including the following:
- Limited onboard food and bottles of water. Should you wish to bring food and non-alcoholic drinks for your flight, you’re welcome to do so. Note: as galley storage space is restricted, items you bring will need to be stored in your carry-on baggage. Drinks you choose to bring will also need to comply with any powders, liquids, aerosols and gels screening requirements where applicable.
- Seats are available until sold out.
- It may not be possible to provide seat separation for all passengers, and you may be seated next to other passengers.
Make a flight booking, including using a Qantas Credit or TravelPass
Redeem a Flight Credit
Redeem your Flight Credit by entering the credit reference and your last name below. Once your Flight Credit is displayed, click on the Find Flights button to book your flight.
Qantas vaccination requirements
All customers who are travelling on international flights operated by Qantas will be required to be fully vaccinated no later than seven days before your flight, with a TGA approved or recognised vaccineOpens external site, at the time of travel, except for:
- Children under 12 years of age.
- Customers with a COVID-19 vaccination exemption (submitted to Qantas at least 7 days before your flight).
However you should always check the vaccination requirements for the country you're travelling to, and comply with the most stringent requirements that apply to your trip.
You'll be required to carry and show proof of vaccination (or an approved exemption) at the airport.
- If you’ve been vaccinated in Australia, you must obtain an International COVID-19 vaccine certificateOpens external site from Services Australia. You will not be accepted for travel with any other vaccine certificate.
For more information, see requirements for international travel.
Government travel requirements
- Ensure you check the latest government travel restrictions and information on quarantine before booking.
- If you are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident you cannot leave Australia due to COVID-19 restrictions unless you have an exemption. Visit the Australian Department of Home AffairsOpens external site in a new window website for more information.
- Ensure you check current Smartraveller travel alertsOpens external site in a new window for the latest information when you’re leaving Australia.
- Visit the Germany Federal Foreign OfficeOpens external site in a new window and Ministry of HealthOpens external site in a new window websites for information on travel requirements, including digital registrationOpens external site in a new window, quarantine and entry restrictions.
- Some travel requirements to the UK, European Union and other European nations changed from 1 January 2021. Ensure you check the latest information.
Wearing face masks
- You’ll be required to wear a face mask in the airport and for the duration of the flight.
- Check the latest Government requirements for information on wearing face masks at your destination.