Booking changes and other options
Due to high demand, we're experiencing some delays in call wait times and the processing of flight credits and other options. We thank you for your patience.
Check Manage Booking for the most up-to-date information on your flights.
If your flights were booked through a travel agency or third-party website (for example Webjet or Booking.com), contact these companies directly to make changes to your booking.
If your flight has been cancelled
Please standby and wait to hear from us before changing your booking. We'll be contacting anyone whose flight has been impacted as soon as possible to let you know your options.
If your flight hasn't been cancelled
We want to provide our customers with as much certainty and flexibility as we can, so we have now extended and simplified our flight credits for customers whose travel plans have been affected.
If you are due to travel on a Qantas flight before 31 July 2020 and wish to change your plans, you can cancel your booking and retain the full value as a flight credit. Flight credits can be used for bookings and travel until the end of 2021.
This is how it works:
- Changes must be made by 30 April 2020.
- The flight credit is valid for booking and travel by 31 December 2021 so you can rebook when you're ready to travel again.
- We'll waive the change fee when you're ready to rebook, however the you'll need to cover any fare increase in your new booking.
- If you have a flight credit voucher issued on or after 31 January 2020, this will automatically be extended too, but it'll take a few weeks to update in the system.
- For full details on flight credit redemption terms and conditions, see Flight credits.
Steps for cancelling your booking for a flight credit
1. Go to Manage booking (see below).
2. Enter your booking reference and last name in the relevant fields to access your booking information.
3. Scroll down to the 'Flights' heading or click 'Flight details' on the left hand navigation to see your flight details.
4. Click 'Cancel/Voucher' on the right hand side.
5. Accept the 'terms and conditions'.
You'll receive a confirmation email to the email address contained in your booking once the process is complete and the flight credit is ready to redeem. This may take up to 48 hours.
If you made a Classic Rewards booking using Qantas Points for travel up to 31 July 2020, when you cancel the full amount of points will be returned to your balance for you to use at a later date.
Customers with bookings after 31 July 2020 may also be able to cancel their booking and request a refund, however they may be charged a cancellation fee, as per our fare rules.
If you’re flying after 31 July 2020
If your plans have changed or you no longer wish to travel, visit Manage Booking to change your travel dates, cancel your flight and use the value towards a future flight.
Our standard fare rules apply, so you may be charged a change fee. To check your fare conditions for change and cancellation information, enter your last name and booking reference at Manage booking, then move down to the flight section.