View from the Roo Instagram competition
Terms and Conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (+612 9691 0176) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12:00AM AEDT on 05/11/2018 and closes at 11:59PM AEDT on 31/12/2018 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over. (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete the following steps during the Promotion Period:
(a) Follow the Qantas InstagramOpens in a new tab or window account.
(b) For the month of November share a photo of a view from any Qantas plane of clouds on their own personal account; For the month of December share a photo of a view from any Qantas plane of either a sunrise or sunset on their own personal account; and
(c) Include the hashtag #ViewFromTheRoo.
Entrants must have an Instagram account and the account must be public (i.e. not be set to private) in order to be eligible. Uploaded files must be submitted in accordance with Instagram’s requirements.
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Multiple entries permitted subject to the following: (a) each entry must be substantially unique; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is published publicly to Instagram.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
10) Each entry will be individually judged based on creative merit of the photo uploaded.
11) Entries will be judged by OMD (Adjudicator).The judging will take place at OMD at 32 Pyrmont Bridge Road Pyrmont, NSW, 2009. There will be two (2) rounds of judging corresponding to each month of the Promotional Period (i.e. November and December). November entries judging will take place on 06/12/2018 and December entries judging will take place on 07/01/2019..
12) The Adjudicator, in its sole discretion, will determine the two (2) best entries for each of the November and December rounds and will publish each of these four (4) finalist photos for public voting (“Finalists”). Members of the public will then be able to vote for their favourite Finalist for November and December on the Qantas Instagram Stories page at www.instagram.com/qantas/ Voting closes at 11:59pm AEDT on 6/12/18 for the November Finalists and 7/01/19 for the December Finalists.
13) In the event of a tie between the Finalists, the Promoter will determine the winner in its absolute discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
14) There will be two prizes. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$500, based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
15) The winner in each round, as determined via the above process will each win one (1) $250 Qantas Gift Voucher.
16) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
17) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
18) Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher.
19) Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
Notification of the winner
20) The winners will be notified by Direct Message on Instagram by 08/12/18 for November entries or 9/01/19 for December entries. Their entry will be published on the Qantas Instagram pageOpens in a new tab or window on 08/12/18 for November entries or 09/01/19 for December entries.
Judging backup entries
21) In the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize, the prize will be awarded to the runner-up of public voting. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 07/03/19, the Promoter will award those prizes to the runner-up, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by Direct Message on Instagram by 09/04/19.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
22) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
23) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
24) The exclusion of liability in clause 23 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
25) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Instagram
26) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram.
28) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.