Qantas Red Email competition
Terms and Conditions - Game of Chance.
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number +61 2 9691 3636) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12:01am (AEDT) on 16 December 2019 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) on 20 January 2020 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to residents of Australia aged 18 and over who are not current Red Email subscribers (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate. Existing subscribers are not eligible for the draw.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period subscribe to Qantas Red Email using a valid email address through the official Facebook competition post or on on the Qantas Red Email Subscription form qantas.com. Only new subscribers will be entered into the draw.
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry (multiple entries are not permitted).
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
10) The draw will take place at 2:00pm (AEDT) on 22 January 2020 at MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
11) The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12) There will be three prizes. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$15,000 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
13) The first three (3) Eligible Entrants drawn will be the winners. Each winner will receive a prize. Each individual prize is $5,000 in Qantas Flight Vouchers (full prize details can be found on the Qantas Flight and Gift Vouchers page). The maximum retail value of each prize is AU$5,000.
14) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
15) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
16) The winners will be notified in writing by email by 24 January 2020 and their names will be published online at qantas.com.au from 27 January 2020, for a minimum of 28 days.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
17) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize/s that remains unclaimed at 5:30pm (AEST) on 22 April 2020, a second draw will be conducted by the Promoter on 29 April 2020 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified in writing by email by 1 May 2020 and their name/s will be published online at qantas.com.au from 8 May 2020, for a minimum of 28 days.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
18) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
19) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
20) The exclusion of liability in clause 19 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
21) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
22) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
23) At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.phpOpens external site, and other related policies.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Instagram
24) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram.
Important information about competitions on Twitter
26) At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Twitter Terms of Service, which can be viewed at http://twitter.com/tosOpens external site, and other related policies.
27) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Fringe Benefits Tax
28) Receipt of a prize may have Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) implications. To the extent that there is any FBT liability, this will be paid for by the employer of the recipient. The grossed-up value of a prize and any other Fringe Benefits the recipient receives during the course of the FBT year may be reported on the recipient's annual PAYG Payment Summary as required by taxation law.
29) Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/40572, ACT TP19/04805 and SA Licence No. T19/2060.