Win with Qantas Wi-Fi
Competition terms and conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 0296910176) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 11:30am on Monday 27th August 2018 and closes at 11:30am on Monday 24th September 2018 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to residents of Australia and New Zealand 18 years or older (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period share their photos from onboard Qantas planes on Instagram. They must use the hashtag #QFWinWithWiFi, tag @Qantas, and answer the question “tell us how you’ve used our onboard Wi-Fi” in 50 words or less.
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry (multiple entries are not permitted).
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
10) Entries will be judged based on their originality and creativity.
11) Judging will take place at 1:30pm on Thursday 27th September 2018 at the offices of the Promoter. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter (Adjudicator).
12) The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
13) There will be one prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$2000, based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
14) The prize is a flight voucher to the value of AU$2000. The prize is subject to Qantas Gift Vouchers terms and conditions, including:
a) Amounts are in Australian dollars and redeemable for one-way or return Qantas domestic or international flights departing Australia only.
b) Vouchers are redeemable for one-way or return Qantas domestic or international flights departing Australia. Valid for bookings within 12 months of the voucher issue. Only one voucher can be redeemed per booking. Read the full terms and conditions when you select your voucher.
c) Vouchers cannot be used for multi-city, Classic Reward, Any Seat Reward or points plus pay bookings, or redeemed for cash or other goods or services such as additional baggage or seat selection.
d) A booking fee applies to redemptions through Qantas Contact Centres. Only one voucher can be redeemed per booking.
e) If the full balance of the voucher is not redeemed in one transaction, a new voucher with the same expiry date will be issued for the unused portion of the original voucher, as set out in full terms and conditions.
f) The names of the voucher recipients may be changed when you redeem the voucher, but the number of recipients cannot be changed (you cannot increase or decrease the total number of recipients).
g) Qantas does not charge a card payment fee on gift voucher purchases or redemptions.
h) Once you've created your gift voucher, you'll receive an e-mail with a voucher attached to print or forward directly to the lucky recipient.
i) Visit qantas.com/voucherterms for full terms and conditions or refer to the email attaching the voucher.
15) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
16) Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking and prize travel is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winners and their companions must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
17) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
18) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
19) The winner will be notified by Instagram comment and private message by Friday 28th September 2018 and their name will be published on Qantas’ Instagram page by Tuesday 2nd October 2018.
Right of the Promoter to rejudge
20) The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 3:30pm on Wednesday 3rd October 2018, a second round of judging will be conducted by the Adjudicator at 3:30pm on Thursday 4th October 2018 at the same time and place as the original judging, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by Instagram comment and private message by Friday 5th October 2018 and their name will be published on Qantas’ Instagram page on Monday 8th October 2018.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
21) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
22) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
23) The exclusion of liability in clause 22 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
24) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information and all images provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Instagram
25) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram.
27) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.