Qantas Australian Olympic Team Competition
Terms and conditions - Game of Skill
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 13 13) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 9am on Sunday 20 August 2023 and closes at 11:59pm Thursday 31 August 2024 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open to athletes who qualify to represent Australia in the 2024 Paris Olympics (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
5) If the prize winner is under the age of 18 before they can redeem their prize they must obtain consent from their parent or legal guardian to do so and must be accompanied during their prize travel by an Australian or New Zealand resident over the age of 18 (Eligible Entrants).
Entry into the promotion
6) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period upload a photo of themselves with the Qantas Olympic Boarding Pass to Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #QFtoParis #AllezAus and tagging @Qantas and @AUSOlympicTeam.
7) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late, or misdirected entries.
8) Eligible Entrants can enter multiple times. If the eligible entrant wins, they cannot win any of the subsequent prizes.
9) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
10) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age, and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
11) Entries will be judged based on their originality and creativity of their Facebook or Instagram post with themselves and their Qantas Olympic Boarding Pass.
12) Judging will take place at 10am (AEST) on Monday 2 September 2024 at the offices of the Promoter. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter.
13) The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winners.
14) There will be three (3) prizes. The maximum total prize pool value is A$9,000. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
15) The prizes are;
a) 1st prize - $5,000 Qantas travel fund
b) 2nd prize - $3,000 Qantas travel fund
c) 3rd prize - $1,000 Qantas travel fund
16) The prize excludes GST. Taxes are included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation, or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions, or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
17) The travel fund will be provided to the winners in a Contra Account. The class of travel is determined at the time of reservation, and the appropriate fare for the class of travel ticketed will be debited to the Contra Account.
18) Winners/passengers will not earn Frequent Flyer points or status credits for travel on Contra Tickets. Any Frequent Flyer points or status credits issued for travel on Contra Tickets will be cancelled without notice. Winners/passengers travelling on Contra Tickets cannot use Frequent Flyer points to upgrade to a higher cabin class.
19) Prize travel must be booked by 30 June 2025. Changes to bookings can be made by further debiting the contra account the applicable fees and charges.
20) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
21) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
22) The winner will be notified in writing via email by Friday 6 September 2024 and their name will be published on qantas.com.
23) As part of judging, the Promoter will select an additional three (3) entries to be used as backup winners in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and conditions or forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed, the Promoter will award those prizes to the backup winners in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with the clause will be notified in writing by Wednesday 18 September 2024 and their names will be published on Qantas.com by Thursday 19 September 2024.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
24) If any act, omission, event, or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
25) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate, and their respective officers, employees, contractors, and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs, or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
26) The exclusion of liability in clause 25 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third-party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
27) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
28) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
29) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
30) At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php, and other related policies.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Instagram
31) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram.