Terms and conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the Qantas Sunrise competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9691 3919) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 6.00am on 13 November 2017 and closes at 11.59pm on 26 November 2017 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open to Australian residents over the age of 21 (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) complete the registration form on qantas.com/sunrise; and
b) sign up for any of the following: Qantas Red Email Australia flight offers and news, Qantas Red Email International flight offers and news, Qantas Hotels and Airbnb, Qantas Cruises, Qantas Travel Insider or Qantas Ski via the following link: qantas.com/sunrise. Both new and existing Red Email subscribers need to complete all data fields on the registration form. You must be a Red Email subscriber and opted into at least one email preference at the time of drawing to be eligible for the competition.
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry only.
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
10) The draw will take place at 2pm on Friday, 1 December 2017 at MDSA, Ground Floor, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted MDSA Promotion Marketing (Drawer).
11) The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12) There will be six (6) prizes. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$41,496.50, based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
13) The first eligible entry drawn will win a luxury cruise, on Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 valid for travel 10 - 19 November 2018, valued at $11,502. Prize is subject to availability. The prize includes:
- Seven (7) night Eastbound Transatlantic Crossing cruise on board Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 departing New York on 11 November 2018 and arriving Southampton, London on 18 November 2018 (M843) in a Balcony Room for the winner & their guest, twin share. Inclusions: 7 nights’ accommodation in a Sheltered Balcony (BZ) stateroom for two (2) people; on board main meals (with the exception of those restaurants which have an additional cover charge) for two (2) people; and selected on board activities, evening entertainment, and access to nightclubs (with the exception of those activities and facilities which have an additional cover charge) for two (2) people.
- Shore excursions or other on board activities, spending money, additional meals, taxes, insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included with the exception of Gratuities where Cunard will pre-pay the suggested amount of USD11.50 per person per day.
- Qantas Hotels gift voucher valued at A$500 for the winner to book one night’s accommodation in New York on 10 November 2018 and one night’s accommodation in London on 18 November 2018.
- Two (2) economy flights into New York and return out of London from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city on Qantas (includes flight associated taxes).
14) The second eligible entry drawn will win a holiday in Hawaii for a family of four (4) valid for travel to 30 November 2018, valued at $10,372. Not available for travel over the following dates: 18 December 2017 - 4 January 2018, or 1 - 5 July 2018. This prize includes:
- Five (5) night’s accommodation at the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort in an Ocean View room for up to two (2) adults and two (2) children.
- Four (4) economy return flights to Honolulu from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city on Qantas (includes flight associated taxes).
15) The third eligible entry drawn will win a car hire and activities package in Los Angeles for the winner & their guest, valued at $6,819. Prize is subject to availability. Valid for travel until 1 November 2018 and is not available over restricted travel dates including but not limited to: 23 December 2017 - 3 January 2018, 13 - 22 February 2018, 29 March - 2 April 2018, and 5 - 9 May 2018. The prize includes:
- Three (3) day Avis car hire in Los Angeles.
- Two (2) tickets for the Hop-on hop-off bus tour in Los Angeles
- Two (2) tickets to Pacific Park at Santa Monica Pier
- Qantas Hotels voucher valued at A$1000
- Travelshoot Business Class package in Los Angeles valued at $599. Includes a two (2) hour photo shoot in three (3) locations and fifty edited photos.
- Two (2) economy return flights to Los Angeles from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city on Qantas (includes flight associated taxes).
16) The fourth eligible entry drawn will win a luxury couple’s escape to Hamilton Island valid for travel until 30 November 2018, valued at $6,050. Prize is subject to availability and is not available over restricted travel dates including but not limited to: 22 December 2017 - 6 January 2018, 30 March - 2 April 2018, 1 - 31 August 2018 and school holidays. The prize includes:
- Four (4) nights’ twin share accommodation at Beach Club, Hamilton Island for the winner & their guest.
- A la carte breakfast daily.
- VIP return Hamilton Island airport / marina to hotel transfers.
- VIP point to point chauffeur service.
- Use of catamarans, windsurfers, kayaks, stand up paddleboards and snorkelling equipment.
- Use of the Beach Club lounge, pool and restaurant.
- Use of the gym, spa, sauna and tennis court hire.
- Unlimited Wi-Fi.
- Trip to the Great Barrier Reef by helicopter for two (2) people.
- Two (2) economy return flights to Hamilton Island from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city on Qantas (includes flight associated taxes).
17) The fifth eligible entry drawn will win a luxury couple’s getaway to Bali for eight (8) nights, valued at $6,037. Prize is subject to availability. Valid for travel until 31 May 2018 and is not available over restricted travel dates including but not limited to: 23 December 2017 - 3 January 2018, 13 - 22 February 2018, 29 March - 2 April 2018, and 5 - 9 May 2018. The prize includes:
- Two (2) night’s twin share stay at W Bali in a Spectacular Ocean Facing Escape Room with daily breakfast for the winner & their guest [two (2) adults] at FIRE restaurant.
- Three (3) night’s twin share stay at The Westin Resort Nusa Dua in a Premium Room with daily SuperFood breakfast for two (2) adults.
- Three (3) night’s stay at the Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort in a Deluxe Ocean Front Room with breakfast daily for two (2) adults.
- Two (2) economy return flights to Denpasar (Bali) from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city on Qantas (includes flight associated taxes).
18) The sixth eligible entry drawn will win 97,000 Qantas Points that will be credited to the winner’s Qantas Frequent Flyer account thanks to QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545).
a) The maximum notional value of this prize is AU$716.50 based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards that could be obtained by redeeming through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as fully defined in the terms and conditions of the program available at qantas.com/terms. For example, 97,000 Qantas Points could be redeemed for one return Economy Qantas Classic Reward Flight from Sydney to Singapore (subject to Reward flight availability) plus applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of AU$153.02, accurate as at 23 October 2017. The dollar fare for an equivalent commercial flight totals AU$780.02 including taxes fees and carrier charges.
b) The estimate of the maximum notional value of this prize is provided for information purposes only. The maximum notional value of this prize will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoters accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of this prize.
c) The winner must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. If the winner is not already a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, membership, normally $89.50, will be included in their prize. To accept this part of the prize, the winner must complete the standard join process including agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (available at qantas.com/terms). Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions. The prize will be credited to the winner’s Qantas Frequent Flyer Account within 4 weeks of the draw.
e) The redemption of this prize is subject to the availability of Rewards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
f) In the event that this prize is redeemed for Reward travel, the winners should be aware that the number of Reward flight seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Reward seats available. The winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of Reward travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel, are subject to change without notice and are quoted at the time of booking. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Reward travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.
19) The prizes include GST and taxes that are included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prizes do not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize -winner and companion/s. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
20) Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking and prize travel is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winners and their companion/s must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
21) Prize travel and accommodation for prizes one, two, three, four and five must be booked by 30 April 2018. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by:
|First prize||Cunard Eastbound Transatlantic Crossing cruise||19 November 2018|
|Second prize||Hawaii holiday for a family of four||30 November 2018|
|Third prize||Car hire and activities in Los Angeles||1 November 2018|
|Fourth prize||Luxury couples escape to Hamilton Island||30 November 2018|
|Fifth prize||Luxury couples getaway to Bali||31 May 2018|
There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed. Extensions to the trip will not be granted for additional personal travel, this includes flights booked longer than the duration of the prize.
22) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
23) If a prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winners
24) The winners will be notified in writing (by email) and phone within 2 business days of the draw and their names will be published on Friday 8 December 2017 in The Australian newspaper and on qantas.com for a minimum period of 28 days.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
25) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 10am on Thursday 1 March 2018, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on Thursday 15 March 2018 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified in writing (by email) and phone within 2 business days of the draw and their names will be published on Thursday 22 March 2018 in The Australian newspaper and on qantas.com for a minimum of 28 days. Prizes must be finalised and booked by Monday 30 April 2018.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
26) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
27) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
28) The exclusion of liability in clause 27 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
29) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
30) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
31) Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/19433, ACT Permit No. TP17/02260 & SA Licence No. T17/2116.