Your weekend getaway starts from 8am in Sydney on Saturday 5 December, and returns from Ayers Rock by 6pm on Sunday 6 December 2020.
Indulge in some bubbles at a pre-flight breakfast event in the Qantas Business Lounge before taking off on board your Qantas 737, enjoying low level scenic fly-bys on departure of the world-famous Sydney Harbour and surrounding beaches.
Relax on board with our inflight hospitality as the aircraft makes its way across our sunburnt country to the heart of Australia and descends to do low level circuits around Uluru and Kata Tjuta with views of the expansive salt lakes of Lake Amadeus. Our highly trained pilots will manoeuvre the aircraft to afford spectacular views for passengers on both sides of the aircraft. At 348 metres high, Uluru is a sandstone monolith around 550 million years old and has special cultural significance for Anangu, the traditional owners.
Land in Uluru and spend 24 hours experiencing one of the greatest wonders of the world, including the full spectrum of the colours of the spiritual heart of Australia. Your whirlwind tour includes a Night at the Field of Light including a three-course dinner under the stars using native ingredients, with a didgeridoo performance and an Indigenous interpretation of the night sky.
When the night sky has descended into darkness, visit the spectacular Field of Lights installation before returning to your room at Ayers Rock Resort’s premier hotel, 'Sails in the Desert'.
Rise before dawn to watch the sun rise over Uluru, then visit the mystical domes of Kata Tjuta and Walpa Gorge before heading back to the resort for brunch.
As your weekend trip of a lifetime comes to an end, return home on your Qantas flight with a final low-level sweep of Sydney Harbour before landing back at Sydney Airport.
Note: the flight path is subject to change due to weather conditions on the day and there may be an alternative flight path which may not take in all these sights.
Before booking, ensure you check the latest Government travel requirements, which may include mandatory health declarations, use of face masks, entry permits, pre-approval and quarantine (possibly at your own expense), or you could be denied entry.
When booking your flights online, you'll be charged the full package price including twin share accommodation based on dual occupancy. If you prefer a single room, email Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia once you've booked with your room request and include your Qantas booking reference. Before departure, you'll receive a confirmation email outlining your full itinerary, including your accommodation.
Packages are available until sold out.
For questions or requests related to the accommodation or activities at Uluru, email Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia or call them on 1300 134 044 between 8am and 6.30pm (AEST) Monday to Friday, and from 9am to 5pm (AEST), Saturday and Sunday.
For questions or requests related to your flight booking, call us on 13 13 13.
- We recommend that you select your seat when making your booking so you can choose the seat that suits you. View the seat map.
- Seat swapping isn't permitted, and window seats are expected to sell quickly.
- Classic Upgrade Rewards aren't available.
- You may wish to download a movie pre-flight or bring that book you've been wanting to read for when you're not enjoying the aerial views, as seat back inflight entertainment will be limited on this flight.
- Some activities may not be suitable for children under 12 years of age. Children under 9 years aren't permitted to participate in the Night at the Field of Light event.
This Scenic Flight Getaway weekend is operated and co-hosted by Qantas in partnership with Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia.
The flight will operate with net zero emissions – with 100% of emissions carbon offset. The offsets will be directed to traditional fire management projects operated by Indigenous-owned enterprises in the Kimberley region in Western Australia and are all recognised under Australia’s ‘Climate Active’ standard.
The Qantas Group is committed to reducing its impact on the environment and was the second airline group in the world to announce it would commit to net zero carbon emissions by 2050.
As part of this commitment through the Qantas Future Planet team, Qantas is one of the largest purchasers of Indigenous Carbon Credits in Australia. This support provides employment and engagement opportunities for Indigenous Groups across regional Australia.
Read more about our aviation sustainability initiatives.
Flight sold out?
Your package includes:
- Pre-flight Lounge event with surprise entertainment, from 7am.
- VIP MC.
- Low level scenic fly-bys of Sydney Harbour and Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park.
- Neil Perry designed lunch inflight Sydney to Uluru inclusive of beverages.
- Ayers Rock Resort airport transfers and ground transfers to and from organised activities.
- Indigenous art workshop where you can take your masterpiece home with you.
- Overnight stay at Ayers Rock Resort’s premier hotel, Sails in the Desert.
- A Night at Field of Light experience, including three course dinner, sunset drinks and canapes and a selection of Australian beer and wine, entertainment and interpretation of the night sky.
- Entry to the Field of Light installation.
- Sunrise Uluru experience including breakfast box and guided tour of Uluru and Kata Tjuta, in partnership with AAT Kings.
- Brunch at Sails in the Desert.
- Inflight afternoon tea service on return flight.
- Exclusive gift bag.
- Commemorative flight certificate.
If you're flying in Business, you'll also receive:
- Business inflight service including champagne and menu.
- Additional gift bag items.
- Invitation to visit the cockpit for photos upon arrival back in Sydney.
- Upgrade to luxury room accommodation.
While the risk of COVID-19 inflight transmission remains extremely low, we’ve introduced a range of measures to ensure a safe environment onboard. On these special scenic flights, all passengers and crew will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the flight. Masks are provided in our complimentary Fly Well packs, which are available for collection at your departure gate prior to boarding, and additional masks are available onboard. You can also bring your own mask to wear if you prefer.
If you're feeling unwell and experiencing COVID-19 symptoms in the week leading up to your flight, you should defer your travel plans. If you need to defer your plans, contact us on 13 13 13 before departure to discuss your options.Read more about our Fly Well program
Terms and conditions
The unique Scenic Flight Getaway is available for new bookings only. Flight Credits or Qantas TravelPasses cannot be used to book this experience.
Disclaimer: * Prices are per passenger in Australian Dollars, based on payment at qantas.com by BPAY made 7 days or more before departure, POLi or Qantas issued UATP. For other payment options a percentage based fee applies, capped at a maximum per passenger of $22. Prices are not guaranteed until payment is made. Fare Rules and Conditions of Carriage apply. For non-flight inclusions (including accommodation and activities) cancellations are permitted up to 21 days before departure. After that, cancellation fees of up to 100% apply.
Disclaimer: ^ You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and include your Qantas Frequent Flyer number in your booking to earn Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership, points and Status Credits are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions. The earn rate for Qantas Points and Status Credits is based on the cabin travelled irrespective of your Frequent Flyer status. Qantas Points and Status Credits will be credited to Qantas Frequent Flyers within 3 business days of completion of travel.