For those who are missing the excitement of travel or are keen to wave to friends and family interstate, we're offering a 'Great Southern Land' scenic flight using our state-of-the-art B787 Dreamliner aircraft usually reserved for long haul international flights, with the biggest windows on any passenger aircraft.
Your seven-hour scenic flight will include low level flybys of unique Australian destinations across Queensland, the Northern Territory and New South Wales including the Great Barrier Reef, Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Byron Bay and iconic Sydney Harbour.
Relax in the sky in Qantas pyjamas as your flight makes its way around the country with a few surprises along the way.
Flight QF787 departs Sydney Domestic Airport (T3) on Saturday 10 October 2020.
- We recommend that you select your seat when making your booking so you can choose the seat that suits you. View the seat map.
- Seat swapping isn't permitted, and window seats are expected to sell quickly.
- Classic Upgrade Rewards aren't available.
- You may wish to download a movie pre-flight or bring that book you've been wanting to read for when you're not enjoying the aerial views, as inflight entertainment won't be available on this flight.
Offer available until sold out. Subject to minimum passenger requirements.
Before booking, ensure you check the latest Government travel requirements, which may include mandatory health declarations, use of face masks, entry permits, pre-approval and quarantine (possibly at your own expense), or you could be denied entry.
Depart from Sydney and fly up the New South Wales coast before crossing the Queensland border for a flyby of the Gold Coast and then up the Queensland coast to the Great Barrier Reef. The aircraft will then track across Australia to do low level flybys of Uluru and Kata Tjuta before heading back to Sydney for a late afternoon flyover of Sydney Harbour and Bondi Beach
Note: the flight path is subject to change due to weather conditions on the day and there may be an alternative flight path which may not take in all these sights.
You'll also enjoy:
- Pre-flight breakfast in the Sydney Domestic Qantas Business Lounge from 8am before a 10.30am flight departure.
- Exclusive opportunity to participate in a live auction of original and limited Qantas 747 memorabilia as well as 787 Flight Simulator sessions. Funds from the live auction will be donated to the Royal Institute of Deaf and Blind Children.
- Lunch menu designed by Neil Perry.
- Surprise celebrity host MC and entertainment.
- Commemorative flight certificate.
- Qantas Business pyjamas and an amenity kit.
- Gift bag.
While the risk of COVID-19 inflight transmission remains extremely low, we’ve introduced a range of measures to ensure a safe environment onboard. It’s strongly recommended that all passengers wear a mask onboard. Masks are provided in our complimentary Fly Well packs, which are available for collection at your departure gate prior to boarding, and additional masks are available onboard. You can also bring your own mask to wear if you prefer.
Read more about our Fly Well program.
The unique Great Southern Land scenic flight is available for new bookings only. Flight Credits or Qantas TravelPasses cannot be used to book this experience.
Disclaimer: * Flight prices are per adult in Australian Dollars, based on payment at qantas.com by BPAY made 7 days or more before departure, POLi or Qantas issued UATP. For other payment options a percentage based fee applies, capped at a maximum per passenger of $22. Prices are not guaranteed until payment is made.
Disclaimer: ^ You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and include your Qantas Frequent Flyer number in your booking to earn Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership, points and Status Credits are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions. The earn rate for Qantas Points and Status Credits is based on the cabin travelled irrespective of your Frequent Flyer status. Qantas Points and Status Credits will be credited to Qantas Frequent Flyers within 3 business days of completion of travel.