Find out about your Qantas Credit and when it can be used.
On this page
- multiple bookings, so you don't have to use the entire value at one time.
- any number of passengers.
- Qantas Points bookings, and
- bookings where carbon offset or travel insurance is included.
Qantas Credits can be used like any pre-paid card for your flight booking payment.
- Book your flight.
- On the 'Payment' page, select the 'TravelPass and Credit' tab on the payment panel and enter your details.
No card payment fees apply when booking online. Alternatively, you can make your booking through your local Qantas office, however booking fees may apply.
- Qantas Credits are valid until the expiry date shown (book and complete travel before the expiry date).
- Your Qantas Credit can be used as a form of payment through Qantas: on qantas.com or through your local Qantas office (booking fees may apply).
- If you don't use your Qantas Credit before the expiry date, the value will be forfeited unless the original fare conditions permitted a refund. You’ll need to request the refund prior to using your Qantas Credit and before the expiry date.
- Once you commence using your Qantas Credit, the fare conditions from your original booking no longer apply, and any remaining value not used before the expiry date is non-refundable (except in certain circumstances including under the Australian Consumer Law) and will be forfeited.
- Your Qantas Credit will be issued in the currency as displayed. If you’d like to use your credit for a booking in another currency, you may be charged a currency conversion fee.
- Qantas Credits are non-transferable.
- If we've cancelled your flight, for other options, including a refund, contact your local Qantas office.
- We may, at our discretion for reasons including but not limited to fraudulent use, cancel, modify or reissue a Qantas Credit.
- It’s important to keep these details safe and secure, and treat your credit like cash. If you lose your Qantas Credit details, contact your local Qantas office.
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn Qantas Points. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions. A program joining fee usually applies, however you can join free here.
Disclaimer: *To participate you must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member holding a Qantas travel credit. Qantas Frequent Flyer members who register on the campaign page or via email and make an Eligible Flight booking between 12:01am (AEDT) Tuesday 13 December 2022 and 11:59pm (AEDT) 31 January 2023, for travel between 12.01am (AEDT) Tuesday 13 December 2022 and 11:59pm (AEDT) 31 December 2023 will earn double Qantas Points. To be eligible, part or full payment must be made with a Qantas travel credit (including Flight Credit, Qantas Pass, Qantas TravelPass and Qantas Credit). Booking fees may apply, the individual terms and conditions of the Qantas travel credit type still apply. All members in a booking must individually register and include their Qantas Frequent Flyer number in their booking to be eligible. Double Qantas Points will be earned on each eligible flight booked within the offer period. Double Qantas Points will be credited to eligible Qantas Frequent Flyer accounts from eight (8) weeks after travel. Qantas reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of the promotion or promotion period at its reasonable discretion by publishing revised terms including but not limited to, cancelling or in any way modifying the offer or the offer period. Full or part travel of an itinerary is eligible only if you book (regardless of payment date) and travel within the promotional dates as listed above. If you cancel your initial qualifying booking or change it to be outside the promotional period, the double Qantas Points offer will not apply. An Eligible Flight for the purpose of this promotion means a flight with a 'QF' flight number on an Australian Domestic or International ticket where a Qantas travel credit was used for full or part payment and where Qantas Points are normally earned. For full details, see terms and conditionsOpens external site. Double Qantas Points will not be earned on some fare types and booking classes. See Airline Earning Table for details. Other passengers in the same booking must register separately to be eligible for this offer. This offer is not transferable. If you qualify and register for multiple bonus Qantas Points offers for the same flight segment, the highest value bonus offer will be applied to each individual qualifying segment. Only one double Qantas Points offer can be used per individual qualifying segment of your itinerary, however if you qualified for a special offer on your Qantas TravelPass, both offers will be applied. Double Qantas Points are based on the Base Rate which applies, or the Minimum Points Guarantee if applicable. Double Qantas Points may be earned on multiple eligible flight bookings made during the promotion period. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Qantas Points or Status Credits offers offered by Qantas. Flights are subject to availability and any applicable fare conditions. Flights can be booked via the Qantas website, a travel agent, Qantas Contact Centres or the dedicated Qantas Travel Credit Concierge team who can be contacted on 1300 171 505. Fees and charges may apply. Your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number must be recorded at the time of registration and booking to earn double Qantas Points. Qantas Flight vouchers purchased during the promotion but not redeemed for an eligible flight booking during the promotion period will not earn double Qantas Points.