Status Hold terms and conditions
1. Members are eligible to apply for a Status Hold if they have earned Silver, Gold, Platinum or Platinum One status and are:
a) Parent/s to a baby/babies that is/are due to be born within the next three months, or
b) parent/s to a baby/babies that was/were born in the last six months, or
c) foster carer/s or adoptive parent/s who will be caring for/adopting a child within the next three months, or
d) a foster carer/s or adoptive parent/s who has started caring for/adopted a child within the last six months,
e) and are taking at least six consecutive months off their paid employment to spend time with the family.
2. Members who have received complimentary Gold, complimentary Platinum or complimentary Platinum One status are not eligible to apply for a Status Hold.
3. Gold lifetime members and Silver lifetime members are not eligible to apply for a Status Hold as lifetime members retain status for their lifetime regardless of their Status Credit earn.
4. A maximum of two parents can be on a Status Hold at any one time for the same child.
5. Parent/s can apply for a Status Hold up until the child reaches the age of six months (this does not apply to foster carer/s or adoptive parent/s).
6. Foster carer/s can apply for a Status Hold up until the child reaches 16 years of age and adoptive parent/s up until the child reaches the age of three years.
7. Eligible members are limited to a maximum of two approved Status Hold applications within a five-year period.
8. An Eligible Member can only apply for a Status Hold when they are not already on a Status Hold.
9. Two pieces of supporting documentation is required and Qantas must be satisfied with the documentation provided.
10. Eligible members who are on a Status Hold can continue to earn and use Qantas Points and enjoy their tier benefits, including lounge access (based on status eligibility). See status benefits for further information.
11. A Status Hold will automatically be removed for members who receive complimentary Gold, complimentary Platinum or complimentary Platinum One status while on a Status Hold. This will count towards one of the member's two approved Status Hold applications within a five-year period.
12. If a member achieves a higher status during the Status Hold period, the Status Hold will be automatically removed. This will count towards one of the member's two approved Status Hold applications within a five-year period.
13. A member's membership anniversary date will be extended by 18 months from the first day of the month following the date the Status Hold is approved (Status Hold end date).
14. Status Credit balances at the time the Status Hold is approved will automatically be carried over to the new membership period.
15. Prior to the Status Hold end date, members must earn the required Status Credits and fly on at least four eligible Qantas Group flights to keep their status.
16. Once approved, a Status Hold cannot be changed or cancelled by the member.
17. Status Hold is a discretionary benefit.
18. Qantas reserves the right to decline the application and to change or withdraw a Status Hold at any time, at its discretion.
|Leave type||Documentation required|
|Official documentation required listing the name of the Status Hold applicant (at least one is mandatory)||Parent of own child (giving birth/given birth)||Date of confinement letter from doctor or child's Birth Certificate|
|Foster parent/s||Foster Registration/Certificate confirming temporary care of a child/children|
|Adoptive parent/s||Adoption Registration/Certificate or date of confinement letter from doctor|
|Other documentation required (mandatory)||All||Documentation from employer confirming parental leave is for a period of six months or more from paid employment|