My Platinum News - Antarctica in a Day Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 11 31) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12:01 am AEDT on 21 October 2021 and closes at 11:59 pm AEDT on 3 November 2021 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry into the promotion is open to Qantas Frequent Flyer Platinum members aged 18 years of age or over who receive the quarterly Platinum email (My Platinum News) (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, agents, employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, or Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate; registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate; and members whose Qantas Frequent Flyer account is suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated at any time during the Promotion Period or at the time of the draw or any redraw (as applicable).
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must be available to take the prize within the period indicated in Clause 10, and during the Promotion Period register via a link in the Qantas Frequent Flyer email – My Platinum News for one entry into the draw. Multiple entries are not permitted.
6) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence and Qantas Frequent Flyer membership) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7) The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
Drawing of entries
8) The draw will take place at 2:00 pm AEDT on 5 November 2021 at MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
9) The result of the draw (and any redraw) are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10) There will be one (1) prize winner. The prize winner and their guest must be 18 years of age or over, and will receive:
• 2 Business Class Deluxe seats on the Antarctica Flight from Sydney departing 6 November 2022.
If the winner does not reside in New South Wales, they will also receive:
•2 return flights in economy from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Sydney
•2 nights accommodation in a standard room in Sydney (hotel to be confirmed by the Promoter closer to the prize date)
11) The total maximum value of the prize pool is AU$22,000. The total maximum value of the total prize pool is provided for information purposes only. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of this Prize. The total maximum prize value quoted is accurate as at 24 September 2021.
12) There will be no difference paid to the winner between the maximum value and the actual value.
13) The winner and their travelling companion (who must be 18 years of age or over) are responsible for all other expenses.
14) Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with travel discounts or special offers. A prize (or any part thereof) cannot be sold, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken for cash.
15) Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
16) The Promoter reserves the right to require the winner (and their companion) to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter, Agent, or suppliers of prizes, in their absolute discretion including without limitation a form of waiver or release with respect to acceptance or usage of the prize, or any liability arising out of or in relation to a Prize or this Competition.
17) All components of the prize are subject to availability. In the event that any component of a prize is unavailable for any reason, subject to State legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize component with another prize of equal value and the prize winner will be notified accordingly.
18) The Prize may not be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services by the bearer.
19) In accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner grants the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
20) The winner and their travelling companion agree that they will not sell or otherwise make available their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
21) It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winners must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
22) Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking. The Prize winner and their guest must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize.
Notification of the winners
23) The winner will be notified by phone and in writing by email within two business days of the draw using the phone number and the email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile, and their name will be announced online at https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequent-flyer/status/status-benefits/platinum/news-october-2021/antarctica-competition.html from 12 November 2021 for a period of 28 days, and their name will be published in The Australia newspaper on 12 November 2021.
24) The Prize winner and their guest must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize.
25) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Prize winner and their guest. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
26) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. If a prize remains unclaimed at 5.30pm AEDT on 7 February 2022 a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 21 February 2022 at the same time and location as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and in writing within two business days of the draw and their name will be announced online at https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequent-flyer/status/status-benefits/platinum/news-october-2021/antarctica-competition.html from 28 February 2022 for a period of 28 days, and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper on 28 February 2022.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
27) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
28) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
29) The exclusion of liability in clause 28 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
30) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the prize winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
COVID Travel Clauses
31) The winner and their travelling companion are responsible for meeting all travel and health requirements for any interstate travel. It is the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion to check with all government health authorities regarding travel requirements and eligibility. Any fines, penalties, expenditure or inability to travel as a consequence of not meeting such requirements are the sole responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion.
32) The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any of the destinations or events forming part of the prize. It is the sole responsibility of winner to check government advisories and/or conditions regarding the safety and situation of any such destinations.
33) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
34) Authorised under NSW NTP/02638, ACT TP21/01721 and SA Licence No. T21/1554.