My Platinum News - Win a trip to Seoul Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the Win a trip to Seoul is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 11 31) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEST) on 26 May 2022 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on 10 June 2022 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry into the promotion is open to Australian residents who are Qantas Frequent Flyer Platinum members aged 18 years or over (during the Promotion Period) who receive the Platinum email (My Platinum News). (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, agents, employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, or Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate; registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate; and members whose Qantas Frequent Flyer account is suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated at any time during the Promotion Period or at the time of the prize draw (Draw) or any redraw (as applicable).
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must be available to take the prize within the period indicated in Clause 13 (see black out dates in Clause 10), and during the Promotion Period register via a link in the Qantas Frequent Flyer email - My Platinum News 11th edition (May 2022) for one entry into the Draw. Multiple entries are not permitted.
6) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence and Qantas Frequent Flyer membership) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7) The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
Drawing of entries
8) The Draw will take place at 2.00pm (AEST) on 14 June 2022 at MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. The Draw will be conducted by MDSA.
9) The result of the Draw (and any redraw) is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10) There will be one (1) prize winner. The maximum total prize pool value is A$30,573. The maximum value of the total prize pool is provided for information purposes only. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of this prize. The prize winner and their guest must be 18 years of age or over, and will receive:
• Return flights in Business with Qantas for two (2) adults, from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Seoul. Flight associated taxes are included.
• Four Night stay at the Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas in a Junior Suite for (2) adults. Including:
Four nights accommodation
• Blackout dates apply, including 24, 25, 31 December 2022.
The prize value is accurate based on return airfares in Business, four nights (Daily Rate) in a Junior Suite at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, daily breakfast for (2) adults, accurate as at 26 April 2022
There will be no difference paid to the winner between the maximum value and the actual value.
Images are indicative only and do not represent actual prize.
11) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
12) Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking and prize travel is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winner and their companion must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
13) Prize travel and accommodation is valid from 10 December 2022 until 10 December 2023. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
14) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
15) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
16) The Promoter reserves the right to require the winner (and their companion) to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter, Agent, or suppliers of prizes, in their absolute discretion including without limitation a form of waiver or release with respect to acceptance or usage of the prize, or any liability arising out of or in relation to a Prize or this Competition.
17) All components of the prize are subject to availability. In the event that any component of a prize is unavailable for any reason, subject to State legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize component with another prize of equal value and the prize winner will be notified accordingly.
18) The Prize may not be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services by the bearer.
19) In accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner grants the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
20) The winner and their travelling companion agree that they will not sell or otherwise make available their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
21) It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winners must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
Notification of the winners
22.) The winner will be notified by phone and in writing by email within two business days of the Draw using the phone number and the email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile, and their name will be announced online at qantas.com.au from 16 June 2022 for a period of 28 days and their names will be published in The Australian newspaper on 17 June 2022.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
23) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. If a prize remains unclaimed at 5.00pm on 14 September 2022 a second Draw will be conducted by the MDSA on 21 September 2022 at the same time and location as the original Draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and in writing within two business days of the Draw and their name will be announced on online at qantas.com.au from 23 September 2022 for a period of 28 days and their name, if any, will be published in The Australian newspaper on 27 September 2022.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
24) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
25) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
26) The exclusion of liability in clause 25 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
• For personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
• To the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
27) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter and their subsidiaries. The name of the prize winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
28) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
29) Authorised under NSW Permit No. NTP/04014 ACT TP22/00846 SA Licence No. T22/655