Qantas Loyalty and Seagrass Hospitality Group Competition
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the ‘Win one million Qantas Points and 400 $50 restaurant gift vouchers’ promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9691 3636) (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am on 1 May 2023 and closes at 11.59pm on 31 May 2023 (Entry Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer members (as per the preferred mailing address in their Profile) (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate; and members whose Qantas Frequent Flyer account is suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated at any time during the Entry Period or at the time of the draw or any redraw (as applicable).
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, eligible entrants must during the promotion period dine at any The Meat & Wine Co, 6HEAD, Hunter & Barrel, Ribs & Burgers or Italian Street Kitchen restaurant and earn or use Qantas Points on their bill when they scan their digital Frequent Flyer card. Members will receive a bonus entry (two entries) into the draw if they choose to use Qantas Points towards their bill, where the balance can be paid using cash, card or with an eligible gift card. Members must meet a minimum transaction of $20 to use points. Members will also earn 2 points per $1 spent at 6HEAD, The Meat & Wine Co, Hunter & Barrel, Italian Street Kitchen and Ribs & Burgers. To earn or use points, a member must present a digital or physical Qantas Frequent Flyer card at payment. Qantas Points will not be earned in conjunction with Gift Cards or with any other loyalty program.
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
7. Multiple entries are permitted. An eligible entrant will receive one entry for each eligible transaction where members have chosen to earn Qantas Points on their bill during the promotion period. An eligible entrant will receive two entries on each eligible transaction where members have chosen to use Qantas Points on their bill during the promotion period. If a member has been selected as a winner and has entered with multiple eligible entries, they are eligible to win multiple Gift Vouchers limited to one per week, and are eligible to win both a Gift Voucher and the final draw of one million Qantas Points.
8. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the purchase is made.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
10. There will be one major prize draw and four weekly draws. The major draw and weekly draws will take place at 10am (AEST) Wednesday 14 June 2023, at MDSA, Level 16, 1 Denison Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. The draws will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer). The weekly prize start and end dates are outlined below and the weekly draws will all take place at 10am (AEDT) on Wednesday 14 June 2023 as per the following:
|Entry Period Start Date 12.01am (AEST)||Entry Period End Date 11.59pm (AEST)||Draw Date 2pm (AEST)||Winners Announced online|
|Draw 1||Monday 1 May 2023||Sunday 7 May 2023||Wednesday 14 June 2023||Friday 16 June 2023|
|Draw 2||Monday 8 May 2023||Sunday 14 May 2023||Wednesday 14 June 2023||Friday 16 June 2023|
|Draw 3||Monday 15 May 2023||Sunday 21 May 2023||Wednesday 14 June 2023||Friday 16 June 2023|
|Draw 4||Monday 22 May 2023||Wednesday 31 May 2023||Wednesday 14 June 2023||Friday 16 June 2023|
The Major Prize draw will take place at 10am (AEST) on Wednesday 14 June 2023 as per the following:
|Entry Period Start Date 12.01am (AEST)||Entry Period End Date 11.59pm (AEST)||Draw Date 2pm (AEST)||Winners Annouced Online|
|Draw 5 - Major Prize Draw||Monday 1 May 2023||Wednesday 31 May 2023||Wednesday 14 June 2023||Friday 16 June 2023|
11. The result of the draws (and any redraws) are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The Promoter, in their sole discretion, may not allocate any Prize(s), or fewer than the number of Prize(s) stated above (including in circumstances where insufficient entries are received or entries are judged to be of a poor standard).
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes. Gift Voucher prizes are up to a maximum of $50 each and the final draw prize is up to a maximum of 1,000,000 Qantas Points.
14. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
15. There will be four hundred and one (401) prize winners. One (1) prize of one million (1,000,000) Qantas Points and four hundred (400) identical gift voucher prizes. Each prize consists of one (1) $50 gift voucher for The Meat & Wine Co restaurants. The maximum notional prize pool value is $71,000 based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards that could be obtained by redeeming through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as fully defined in the terms and conditions of the program available at qantas.com/terms). The estimate of maximum notional value of the Prize is provided for information purposes only and will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a Prize Winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of each Prize. The Prize value is in Australian Dollars. For example, 8,000 Qantas Points could be redeemed for a one way Economy Classic Flight Reward from Melbourne to Sydney on 1 June 2023 plus $41 in applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges, accurate as at 28 March 2023. The dollar fare for an equivalent commercial, flexible fare totals $609 including taxes fees and carrier charges.
16. The estimate of the maximum notional value of each points prize is provided for information purposes only. The maximum notional value of each points prize will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoters accept no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of each points prize.
17. Each points prize is awarded and must be redeemed, in accordance with and subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (qantas.com/terms), the standard The Meat and Wine Co terms and conditionsOpens external site in a new window voucher terms and conditions (including expiry rules) if relevant, and any other terms and conditions disclosed at the time of redemption. The gift voucher can be used at any of The Meat & Wine Co restaurants in Australia. The value of the E-gift card can be used in full or as part payment of the total bill upon dining. This E-gift card cannot be exchanged for cash and no change is given. Any balance remaining on the card can be used for future purchases across The Meat & Wine Co in Australia. The value and card expire on the 30 September 2023, any remaining balances on the E-gift card will no longer be available. You can check the balance at The Meat & Wine Co or by calling any location. This voucher is like cash, if lost or stolen it cannot be replaced.
18. The redemption of the points prize is subject to the availability of Rewards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
19. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
20. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winners
21. The winners will be notified by email and their names will be published on qantas.com/seagrassgroupcompetition from 16 June 2023 for a period of 28 days.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
22. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant/s being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions. If any prize remains forfeited as at 5:00pm on 14 August 2023, a second chance draw/s will be conducted by the Drawer on 21 August 2023 at the same time and place as the original draw/s, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The winner/s determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email within two business days after the draw and their name/s will be published on qantas.com/seagrassgroupcomp from 28 August 2023 for a period of 28 days
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
23. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
24. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
25. The exclusion of liability in clause 24 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
26. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
28. Authorised under NSW Permit No. NTP/05468, ACT No. TP22/02347 and SA Licence No. T22/1948.