Win a share of 10 million Qantas Points promotion
Terms and conditions
1. The Promotion
1) Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry in the 10 Million Qantas Points Promotion (Promotion) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2) The Promotion commences at 12:01am (AEDT) Friday 1 November 2019 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) Wednesday 15 January 2020 (Promotion Period). Entry into the Promotion commences at 12:01am (AEDT) Friday 1 November 2019 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) Sunday 15 December 2019 (Entry Period).
3) The Promotion is a game of chance.
2. Promoter’s Details
The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, New South Wales 2020 (Promoter). The Promotion is authorised under NSW permit number LTPS/19/39243, ACT permit number TP19/04476 and SA permit number T19/1784.
1) Subject to clauses 3(2) and 3(3), entry in the Promotion is open to Australian residents 18 years or over who:
a. Are existing members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program AND currently hold a Qantas Points earning credit card
b. Are existing members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program AND currently hold a credit or charge card that allows you to transfer your rewards points to Qantas Points
c. Apply for and are approved for a Qantas Points earning credit card and become a Qantas Frequent Flyer member by 15 December 2019.
d. Use your Qantas Points earning credit card between and including 12:01am AEST 1 November 2019 and 11.59pm AEST 15 December 2019 (Entry Period)
e. Transfer your credit or charge card reward points to Qantas Points into your Qantas Frequent Flyer account between 12.01am AEST 1 November 2019 and 11.59pm AEDT 15 December 2019.
f. Qantas Points from the transaction are credited into your Qantas Frequent Flyer account by 11.59pm AEDT 15 January 2020
2) The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of each entry. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any person for tampering with the entry process or who otherwise does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
3) Excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of Mike Da Silva and Associates (AUST) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate.
4) Qantas Business Rewards members, or individuals who hold a Qantas Business Rewards Qantas Points earning credit card will not be eligible for this promotion.
4. How to Enter into the Promotion
1) In order to enter, Eligible Entrants must register via qantas.com/10millionpointscomp, and:
a. Be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member
(i) Earn Qantas Points on their Qantas Points earning credit card during the Entry Period
(ii) AND Qantas Points from the transaction are credited into their Qantas Frequent Flyer account by 15 January 2020, or
b. Be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member
(i) Apply for and be approved for a Qantas Points earning credit card during the Entry Period
(ii) Earn Qantas Points on their Qantas Points earning credit card during the Entry Period
(iii) AND receive Qantas Points from the transaction into their Qantas Frequent Flyer account by 15 January 2020, or
c. Be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member
(i) Transfer your credit or charge card reward points to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account during the Entry Period
d. Every Qantas Point earned into a member’s Qantas Frequent Flyer account from their Qantas Points earning credit card or from a credit or charge card transfer within the promotion period will be considered as one entry into the prize draw
Each Eligible Entry as at the relevant closing date during the Promotion Period will automatically be placed into the Prize Draw to be held in accordance with clause 6. An Eligible Entry that is entered into the promotion will be an “Entry”.
5. The Prize
1) The Promoter is offering each Entry the chance to win a Prize. Each prize consists of one million (1,000,000) Qantas Points to be issued in accordance with clause 7 (Prize Details).
2) The maximum notional value of each Prize is $20,652.17 with a total prize pool of $206,521.74 based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards that could be obtained by redeeming through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The estimate of maximum notional value of each Prize is provided for information purposes only and will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a Prize Winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of each Prize. The Prize value is in Australian Dollars. For example, 110,400 Qantas Points could be redeemed for a return Economy Classic Flight Reward from Sydney to London (Heathrow) plus AU$654.84 in applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges, accurate as at 14 October 2019. The dollar fare for an equivalent commercial flight totals AU$2,280 including taxes fees and carrier charges. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the prize is taken.
6. Prize Winners
1) There will be one (1) Prize Draw and ten (10) prizes to be won in the Promotion. The Prize Draw will take place via electronic draw at 2:00pm AEDT on Friday 24 January 2020 at MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
2) The first ten (10) Eligible Entries drawn in the Prize Draw will win a Prize (Prize Winner).
3) Within two (2) business days of the Prize Draw, the Promoter will notify the Prize Winner by:
a. email, at the email registered with the Promoter;
b. telephone, at the telephone number registered with the Promoter;
c. publishing the Prize Winner’s names on the Promoter’s website at: https://www.qantas.com/10millionpointscomp on Monday 27 January 2020, for a minimum of 28 days; and
d. publishing the Prize Winners’ names in The Australian newspaper on Friday 31 January 2020.
4) If a Prize Winner:
a. responds within 3 calendar months of the Prize Draw, they will have been deemed to have accepted their Prize (Winner’s Acceptance); or
b. fails to respond within 3 calendar months of the Prize Draw, their Prize will be deemed unclaimed.
5) The Promoter may conduct such further draws as necessary for any unclaimed Prizes (subject to the approval of the relevant gaming authorities in each State). The redraw, if required. will be conducted at the same time and location as the original Prize Draw on Friday 1 May2020, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any Prize Winner(s) of an unclaimed Prize will be notified in writing by email, by phone, published on the Promoter’s website at: https://www.qantas.com/10millionpointscomp on Monday 4 May 2020, for a minimum of 28 days, and published in The Australian newspaper on Friday 8 May 2020.
7. Prize Details
1) Within a reasonable time frame after the relevant Winner’s Acceptance (and within one month of the Prize Draw), the Prize will be automatically credited to the Prize Winner’s Qantas Frequent Flyer, provided that they are still a current and active Qantas Frequent Flyer member as per the Qantas Frequent Flyer membership Terms and Conditions and the Qantas Business Rewards membership Terms and Conditions.
3) The redemption of each Prize is subject to the availability of rewards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
4) In the event that a Prize is redeemed for reward travel, the winners should be aware that the number of Classic Flight Reward seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any reward seats available. The winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of reward travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel, are subject to change without notice and are quoted at the time of booking. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Reward travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.
8. Other Matters Relating to the Promotion
1) If a Prize or receipt of it incurs a tax liability, the Prize Winner is liable for payment of such tax.
2) The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3) It is a condition of accepting a Prize that the Prize Winner accepts the conditions applicable to the Prize. The Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
4) Subject to State legislation and (if required) the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole (or any of its components), with a substitute prize of equal or greater value and the Prize Winner will be notified accordingly.
5) Acceptance of the Prize is deemed consent for the Promoter to use the Prize Winners’ details, voice, image, likeness and photographs for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes on the Promoter’s website or in other forms of social media or on other websites or in any other media used by the Promoter for an indefinite time without any further attribution, reference, payment or other compensation to the Prize Winner.
1) Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Consumer Law (Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)), or similar state-based consumer protection laws (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
2) Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way:
a. out of the Promotion; or
b. without limiting 10(2)(a), out of: (i) any technical difficulties, equipment malfunction, any delayed email, any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any website (whether or not under the Promoter or its related bodies corporates’ control); (ii) any theft, destruction, unauthorised access or third party interference of entries under this Promotion; (iii) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or its related bodies corporate; (iv) any tax liability incurred by a Prize Winner or Entrant; or (v) use of a Prize.
3) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought. We recommend you consult your accountant or tax adviser to ensure you understand possible tax implications, for example fringe benefits tax (if applicable).
1) Subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, the Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate all or part of the Promotion, or disqualify and prohibit further participation in this Promotion, in the event that any portion of this Promotion is compromised by a virus, bugs, non-authorised human intervention, hackers or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which, in the sole opinion of the Promoter, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion.
2) The Promoter reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time in its sole discretion for administrative reasons or to ensure efficient operation of the Promotion. Changes will be posted on the Promoter’s website at https://www.qantas.com/10millionpointscomp.
1) Failure by the Promoter to enforce any one of these Terms and Conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any Entrant or Prize Winner or other person.
2) The laws of the State where an Entrant is based apply to this Promotion.