Win a 'Money Can't Buy' Behind the Scenes Experience with the Australian Cricket Team Promotion
Full terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 11 31 (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEDT) 28 October 2019 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) 24 November 2019. (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Australian residents who are Qantas Frequent Flyer members aged 18 years or over and who are new customers of Kayo Sports (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, Kayo Sports, Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate; registered travel companions of the Promoter its related bodies corporate; and members whose Qantas Frequent Flyer account is suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated at any time during the Promotion Period or at the time of the draw or any redraw (as applicable).
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period, subscribe to a Qantas Points earning Kayo Sports subscription, for one entry into the draw. Multiple entries are not permitted. Eligible Entrants must be available to take the prize within the period indicated in Clause 10.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age, place of residence and Kayo customer status) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
Drawing of entries
8. The draw will take place at 2.00pm 27 November 2019 at Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
9. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. There will be one (1) prize winner. The prize winner and their three (3) guests must be 18 years of age or over and will receive:
(a) Return Economy Class flights with Qantas for the winner and their three (3) guests from the winner’s nearest Australian state capital city airport to Sydney on 2 January 2020, returning on 3 January 2020. Flight associated taxes are included.
(b) One (1) night accommodation in two (2) x twin share Deluxe Rooms at Rydges Sydney Central Hotel.
(c) Exclusive behind the scenes insight and experience with the Australian Cricket team for the winner and their three (3) guests on 3 January 2020, at Day 1 of the Domain Test Series vs New Zealand at the Sydney Cricket Ground. On arrival at the ground the winner and guests will be greeted by the Australian Cricket Team Manager who will issue the winner and their guests with temporary accreditation passes to access the field of play and walk the boundary and watch the Australian Cricket team warm-up and train.
(d) Four (4) gold level tickets to watch Day 3 of the Domain Test Series match, Australia vs New Zealand on 3 January 2020.
Prize excludes the following items; all meals, transfers, car hire. Any additional incidental charges are at your expense and should be settled prior to departure. The prize winner and their guest Rydges Sydney Central Hotel guest terms and conditions apply. Kayo Sports terms and conditions apply. The prize winner acknowledges that the prize is subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third party prize suppliers. The prize winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to taking the prize. If the winner is a NSW resident the airfare portion of the prize will not be awarded, and no compensation or payment will be given in lieu.
Cricket Australia reserves the right in its absolute discretion to change or amend the International Cricket fixture without notice. Neither the Promoter nor Cricket Australia accept responsibility for the cancellation or delay of any cricket match connected with this Promotion for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter or Cricket Australia.
By entering this promotion, the prize winner agrees to comply, and ensure that each subsequent ticket holder complies, with the ticket conditions which accompany any tickets won in conjunction with the promotion. The prize winner also agrees to comply, and ensure that each subsequent ticket holder complies, with Cricket Australia’s 2019/20 Ticket and Entry Conditions (available at ww.cricket.com.au/tickets) supplemented by conditions of entry imposed by the venue operator. The Promoter will provide every person attending the match as part of the promotion with a copy of Cricket Australia’s 2019/20 Ticket and Entry Conditions with delivery of the prize tickets.
The maximum total prize pool value is A$10,689.80. The maximum value of each Prize is provided for information purposes only. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize. There will be no difference paid to the winner between the maximum value and the actual value. The prize value is correct as at 14 October 2019.
11. The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and their companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
12. Prize travel accommodation and flights must be taken on the specified dates and cannot be exchanged/redeemed at any other time. The winner and their guests must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
13. No compensation will be paid to the winner or their guests if they are unable to redeem the Prize at the specified time.
14. To the extent permitted under Australian Consumer Law, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variations in the Prize including, hotel or flight availability, reservation changes, changes or cancellations made by Rydges Sydney Central Hotel. Subject to Australian Consumer Law, there will be no recourse to any financial compensation.
15. The Prize may not be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services by the bearer.
16. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter.
17. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
18. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
19. The winner will be notified by phone and in writing by email within two business days of the draw using the phone number and the email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile as applicable, and their name will be announced online at https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequent-flyer/partners/kayo-sports.html from 29 November 2019 for a period of 28 days and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper on 4 December 2019.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
20. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 18 December 2019, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 19 December 2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by phone and in writing within two business days of the draw and their name will be announced online at https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequent-flyer/partners/kayo-sports.html from 20 December 2019 for a period of 28 days.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
21. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
22. The Promoter and Cricket Australia, their respective related bodies corporate, officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
23. The exclusion of liability in clause 22 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
24. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. By entering this Promotion, the Eligible Entrant consents to the Promoter and/Cricket Australia using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording) in the case that they are a winner, for promotional purposes (including for the promotion of any products manufactured, distributed or supplied) by the Promoter and/or Cricket Australia in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration.. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy. Without limiting the foregoing, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter may use and display the entrant’s name on websites as envisaged in these terms and conditions.
26. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/39234, ACT TP19/04473 & SA Licence No. T19/1787.