Discover the benefits of an HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card.
With an HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card, you’ll:
- 20,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days of card approval*
- Earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $1,000 per statement period, then 0.5 Qantas Points thereafter (capped at 7,500 points per month)~
- $99 annual Fee
- 0% p.a. Balance Transfer for 12 months**
- Enjoy a range of complimentary insurances including Domestic Travel Insurance, Purchase Protection, Extended Warranty, Guaranteed Pricing Scheme and International Travel Insurance#
- Up to 55 interest fee days+
Credit provided by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162 Australian Credit Licence 232595. Offers available to new, approved HSBC credit cardholders who apply by 30 June 2020. Fees, charges, terms, conditions and HSBC lending criteria apply to all credit cards issued by HSBC. Visit hsbc.com.au or call 1300 308 880. HSBC credit card account holders who have previously cancelled their card may be ineligible for these promotional offers.
You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and provide your valid membership number to HSBC in order to earn points. A joining fee usually applies, however HSBC has arranged for this to be waived for HSBC credit card customers opting in to HSBC Qantas Rewards who are not already Qantas Frequent Flyer members - join by visiting qantas.com/hsbcjoin. Membership and points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Qantas Points accrue in accordance with and are subject to the HSBC Qantas Rewards Terms and Conditions.
* To be eligible for the bonus Qantas Points offer, you must apply and be approved for a new HSBC Platinum Qantas Card. Receive 20,000 bonus Qantas Points if you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days of card approval. Eligible purchases exclude interest free and other promotions, balance transfers, cash transfers, business expenses, cash advances, fees and charges, BPAY®, any disputed transactions and government fees and charges. The 20,000 bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer Account within 90 days of meeting the spend criteria, provided that your account is active and not in arrears and you have provided HSBC with a valid Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number. Offer is limited to new applicants only. Existing HSBC customers transferring from another HSBC credit card or customers who have held a HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card within the last 12 months are ineligible for this offer.
~ You will also earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent up to $1,000 per statement period on eligible purchases made in Australia and overseas. Every $1 spent thereafter will earn 0.5 Qantas Points up to a total of 7,500 Qantas Points per statement period.
** To be eligible for the introductory balance transfer rate, the balance transfer request must be made at the time of applying for the new HSBC credit card. Your total balance transfers must not exceed 90% of your approved credit limit. The interest rate on the balance transfer applies for 12 months for the HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card. The balance transfer must be from non-HSBC credit cards. After this period, any balance outstanding from the balance transfer will accrue interest at the cash advance rate (currently 21.99% p.a. as at 15-Jan-18 and subject to change). HSBC will allocate payments we receive from you to pay off the portion of your balance which attracts the highest interest rate first and subsequently to portions of your balance attracting lower interest rates. This may mean applying any and all payments made to your HSBC credit card account to pay off other transactions such as purchases and cash advances before any balance transfer amount.
# Insurance policies are issued by AWP Australia Pty Ltd Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177(AFSL No. 245631) trading as Allianz Global Assistance (under a binder from Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (AFSL No. 124708)) to HSBC Bank Australia Limited (ABN 48 006 434 162) (AFSL 232595). Terms and conditions for HSBC insurance policies limits and exclusions available at www.hsbc.com.au. An excess may apply. HSBC does not issue these insurances and does not receive commissions on these policies or guarantee any benefits under this cover. HSBC has entered into master policies for the benefit of cardholders. The cover provided is at no additional cost to cardholders. This document provides general information only and does not take into account what you currently have, want or need for your financial future. You should consider these matters and read the Information Booklet available at hsbc.com.au or by calling 1800 648 093.
+ Depending on when you make your purchases, when your statement is issued, and if you pay off the outstanding balance on your next statement of account on or before the due date. There are no interest free days for cash advances. You will not gain the benefit of the interest free period unless you pay the full balance (excluding any balance transfer, cash transfer and promotional purchases) by the due date.