Fly Carbon Neutral Competition
Terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 11 31) (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEST) on 17 July 2019 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on 31 August 2019 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer members aged 25 years of age or over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate; and members whose Qantas Frequent Flyer account is suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated at any time during the Promotion Period or at the time of judging or rejudging (as applicable). Eligible Entrants must be available to travel within the period indicated in clause 16).
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete the online entry form and answer the promotional question in 50 words or less at qantas.com/au/en/frequent-flyer/member-specials/fly-carbon-neutral-competition.html during the Promotion Period.
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
7. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
9. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry received during the Promotion Period will be judged based on the originality and creativity of their response.
10. Judging will take place after the close of Promotion Period at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter.
11. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
12. There will be one (1) prize. The maximum total prize pool value is A$11,835, based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
13. The prize winner will receive:
- Four (4) return Qantas or Jetstar economy flights from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Cairns (including associated taxes, fees and carrier charges) for two adults and two children aged under 18 years old ($7,602)
- Shared accommodation for three (3) nights at Riley, a Crystalbrook Resort in a Family Sea Room for four (4) guests ($2,157) with:
- Breakfast daily
- $250 resort credit to be used during the stay (can be used for food and beverage at any Riley’s outlets or at Eleme Spa located within the resort)
- Bookings are not permitted during the following blackout dates, 21-22 October 2019, 6–9 November 2019 and 31 December 2019.
- Avis car hire for four (4) days, collection and return from Cairns airport ($427)
- Group L vehicle – Toyota Hybrid or similar or if unavailable, Group E vehicle – Toyota Camry or similar) Blackout periods apply during peak periods.
- The elected driver must be over 25 years of age and hold a valid full Australian Drivers Licence. If no valid licence is available, this element of the prize will be forfeited.
- Great Adventures’ Great Barrier Reef snorkelling cruise for two adults, and two children between 4 and 14 years old ($643) with:
- Return fast catamaran cruise from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Reef presentation
- Three (3) hours at Outer Reef platform
- Use of snorkelling equipment and instruction provided
- Buffet lunch
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour with commentary
- Underwater observatory and eco reef talk
- Use of buoyancy vests and lycra suits.
- Nautilus Aviation Outer Reef scenic 10-minute helicopter flight for four (4) people from the Quicksilver pontoon at Agincourt Reef ($756).
14. The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companions. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
15. Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner and their companions must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points.
16. Prize travel and accommodation must be booked for dates outside of blackout periods which include 21-22 October 2019, 6–9 November 2019, 25 December 2019 and 31 December 2019. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 31 March 2020. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
17. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
18. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
19. The winner will be notified by phone and in writing by email within two business days of the judging using the phone number and the email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile as applicable, and their name will be announced online at qantas.com/au/en/frequent-flyer/member-specials/fly-carbon-neutral-competition.html by 13 September 2019.
Judging backup entries
20. As part of judging, the Adjudicator will select an additional two entries to be used as backup winners in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 5pm (AEDT) 13 December 2019 the Promoter will award the prize to the backup winner in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with clause will be notified by phone or in writing by email using the phone number and the email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile as applicable, and their names will be announced online at qantas.com/au/en/frequent-flyer/member-specials/fly-carbon-neutral-competition.html by 17 December 2019.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
21. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
22. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
23. The exclusion of liability in Clause 22) does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
24. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties and any applicable statutory authorities). Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.