Discounted fares for residents
Qantas’ discounted fares program is available to provide residents of selected regional cities in Queensland, Western Australia and Northern Territory with access to more affordable air travel.
About the program
Eligible residents can access a discount of between 20 to 30% off the Qantas-controlled component of all-inclusive return fares (ie excludes government taxes, security and airport charges) from regional airports to their nearest capital city or major town.
To book, residents need to be members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (join for free^) which automatically links to your residential address. You'll need to log in to your Frequent Flyer account using your membership number before booking flights.
Discounts are available on all Economy fares except for sale fares for personal travel for purchase up to and including the day of travel. That means last-minute trips or trips during peak travel times, which are usually more expensive, are more accessible year-round.
On this page
The following return trips qualify for Qantas’ discounted fares for residents:
- Eligible customers in Queensland include residents of a town or city serviced by Mount Isa, Cloncurry, Moranbah, Boulia, McKinlay Shire, Longreach, Barcaldine or Blackall Airports.
- Eligible customers in Western Australia include residents of a town or city serviced by Broome, Kalgoorlie, Karratha, Newman, Paraburdoo or Port Hedland Airports.
- Eligible customers in Northern Territory include residents of a town or city serviced by Alice Springs Airport.
- A maximum of 12 return trips are permitted to be booked per resident each year.
- Eligible residents will receive discounts of 20-30% off the Qantas-controlled component of fares (excluding government taxes, security and airport charges).
- Discounts are not available on Sale fares or Business Class.
- Sale fares may be included with a discounted resident fare as part of a return-trip, without a further discount.
- Trips must originate in the regional port and be return-trip. No one-way or multi-city trips are permitted and no other regional ports qualify. Flights are subject to availability.
- Passenger name and address entered in the booking must be the same as that in the member’s Qantas Frequent Flyer profile.
- Travel must be for leisure or personal purposes only (ie not for business).
- Qantas reserves the right to request documentation at any time to confirm the residency of a customer.
- Qantas reserves the right to cancel bookings found to be in breach of the scheme’s terms and conditions.
- Flight prices are per adult in Australian Dollars. Prices are not guaranteed until payment is made.
- Discounted fares for residents are only available for flights operated by Qantas and QantasLink and not with any other carrier.
^ Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership is offered by Qantas Airways Limited ABN 16 009 661 901. This offer may be withdrawn at any time. This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer. Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and each application is subject to approval by Qantas. Conditions apply, for full details visit qantas.com/freejoin.
* Qantas Points and Status Credits (where applicable) are earned on Eligible Flights with a Qantas or applicable oneworld® Alliance Airline or Airline Partner flight number on your ticket. Qantas Points and Status Credits may not be earned on some fare types and booking classes. For full details, see Terms and Conditions and the Airline Earning Tables.