55,000 bonus Qantas Points* and a $450 Qantas Travel Credit^
Apply for a new Qantas American Express Ultimate Card and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within three months of Card approval to receive 55,000 bonus Qantas Points*. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion Card Holders*.
Accelerate your earning power
- Earn 1.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on eligible Card purchases (excluding government spend where you’ll earn 0.5 points per $1)*
- Earn 1 additional Qantas Point per $1 spent* on selected Qantas products and services in Australia‡
- No cap on the Qantas Points you earn, regardless of how much you spend on your Card each month, as long as your account remains current#
Exceptional travel benefits
- A $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year to use for eligible international or domestic Qantas flights when you book and pay online at American Express TravelOpens external site in a new window~
- Two complimentary Qantas Club lounge invitations each year after your first Card spend on selected Qantas products and services**
- Enjoy two complimentary entries per year to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International AirportΩ
- Complimentary Qantas epiQure Premium Membership~~
- Complimentary domestic and international travel insurance† when you pay for eligible travel with your Card
0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months+
A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies to any balances transferred. Learn moreOpens external site in a new window.
With all the above benefits, the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card comes with an annual Card fee of $450.
You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Qantas Points and bonus Qantas Points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Qantas American Express Cards Points Terms and Conditions, and exclusions apply.
Cards are offered, issued, and administered by American Express Australia Limited. Credit provided by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085), Australian Credit Licence No. 291313. ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company.
* Offer only available to new American Express Card Members who apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases on their new Card in the first three months from the Card approval date. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited, in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for the Bonus Qantas Points offer. Previous and existing bank-issued American Express companion cardholders are eligible for this offer (cards issued by: Australia New Zealand Banking Group Limited, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, National Australia Bank, Westpac Banking Corporation). Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller's cheques and foreign currencies. Qantas Points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and ConditionsOpens external site in a new window. Certain transactions will earn 0.5 points per dollar with Merchants classified as; "government", including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), federal/state and local government bodies. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after you have met the spend criteria for the 55,000 Qantas Points to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer and may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice.
^ To receive the Qantas Travel Credit, you must have paid the annual Card fee and minimum payment by the due date. The $450 Qantas Travel Credit can be redeemed for any eligible Qantas flight booked (i.e. a QF flight number on your ticket) and paid online through American Express TravelOpens external site in a new window in a single booking. All travel is subject to Qantas Conditions of Carriage. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. For bookings less than $450 any unused portion of the Qantas Travel Credit will be forfeited. The Qantas Travel Credit will be available each year of Card Membership, as long as you have paid the annual fee and your account is current and in good standing. Subject to Qantas Travel Credit Terms and ConditionsOpens external site in a new window.
‡ Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number) purchased on the Qantas merchant account i.e. directly from Qantas and Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays and Qantas branded non-airfare products. Subject to the Qantas American Express Cards Points Terms and ConditionsOpens external site in a new window.
# As long as your account is current and in good standing.
** Provided you are a Qantas Frequent Flyer and have registered your Qantas Frequent Flyer number with your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, you are eligible to receive two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations each anniversary year of your Card Membership after purchasing selected Qantas products and services using your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card. Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased on the Qantas merchant account i.e. with Qantas direct or some travel agents and Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, and Qantas branded non-airfare products. Subject to the Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and ConditionsOpens external site in a new window. Within 1-2 weeks of purchasing selected Qantas products and services, two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations will be assigned to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Visit the Complimentary Invitations Portal to access your invitation, link it with an eligible Qantas flight booking or find out more information. Qantas Club Lounge Invitations are valid for a single visit by one guest to a Qantas Club Lounge and must be used prior to their expiry. Invitations are subject to the Qantas Club Terms and Conditions and are not valid for Qantas International First Class Lounges, the Qantas Chairman’s Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business and or oneworld® alliance partner or associated lounges. Qantas Club Invitations cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year and must not be sold, they may only be transferred as allowed by Qantas. Invitations may be revoked or withheld if your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card account is not in good standing, if the selected Qantas products and services are refunded in full or if you have not complied with these Qantas Club Invitation Conditions, the Credit Card Terms and ConditionsOpens external site in a new window or the Qantas Club Lounge Access Terms and Conditions.
~~ Qantas epiQure Premium Membership and its benefits are subject to the Qantas epiQure Terms and ConditionsOpens external site in a new window. To join or purchase from Qantas epiQure, you must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member aged 18 years or older and have an Australian delivery address. An annual Membership fee usually applies for Qantas epiQure Premium Membership but this will be waived so long as you continue to hold your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card. Complimentary joining gift is not available with this offer. Qantas epiQure Premium members will earn 3 Qantas Points per dollar on qantasepiqure.com.auOpens external site in a new window. Liquor Act 2007: It is an offence to sell or supply to or to obtain liquor on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years. Licence Number: LIQP770016736. Delivery is subject to the Qantas epiQure Terms and Conditions. and available within Australia only.
Ω Entry into The American Express Lounge is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available at amex.com.au/airportloungeOpens external site in a new window. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December). Complimentary access is available for the Card Member's children between the ages of 2-17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card.
† The Qantas American Express Ultimate Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - please see the Terms and ConditionsOpens external site in a new window. You must use your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card to pay for your return trip in order to be eligible for the travel insurance or pay for eligible items in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996). Card members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This landing page does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditionsOpens external site in a new window to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
+ Offer not available for Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product offered by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 60 day period. Balances may not be transferred from another Credit Card issued by American Express Australia Limited. The promotional balance transfer rate will be eligible for 12 months from the date the Card is approved, after which any remaining balance will revert to the standard rate of interest at that time. The credit plan establishment fee attracts the standard rate of interest. Interest free days do not apply to Balance Transfer balances, and you may be charged interest on other purchases and fees if you do not pay your Closing Balance (including any outstanding balance transfers), in full by the due date each month. We reserve the right to withdraw this offer if your account is not in good standing or we become aware of any adverse credit information. Full Balance Transfer terms and conditionsOpens external site in a new window.