Offset your Home and Car
Terms and conditions
1. Your payment for Offset your Home and Car will include a Goods and Services Tax (GST) component which will not be allocated towards carbon offset projects.
2. You can purchase with cash or with Qantas Points. The points required will vary. There is no GST component if you use Qantas Points.
3. Qantas will not provide a refund or exchange for change of mind on the Offset your Home and Car product.
4. Qantas will provide you with a tax invoice by e-mail when you purchase Offset your Home and Car. We will not provide duplicate tax invoices. The transaction will also be recorded in your monthly Qantas Frequent Flyer statement as Offset your Home and Car.
5. The calculation method used for Offset your Home and Car provides an emission estimate only and should not be relied upon as an accurate record of the actual emissions. We accept no liability if the calculation of greenhouse gas emissions relating to your Offset your Home and Car product is incorrect or inaccurately reflects actual greenhouse gas emissions attributable to your household emissions. See methodology below.
6. The points or payment received from you when you purchase the Offset your Home and Car product will be used by Qantas to acquire 'Eligible Offset Units' as defined under the Australian Government's Climate Active Carbon Neutral Certification Product and Service. Eligible Offset Units acquired will be held and retired by Qantas, and are not transferable to you. We may at our absolute discretion acquire 'Eligible Offset Units' from certified greenhouse gas abatement suppliers of our choice. You are not able to direct us to allocate the funds to any particular greenhouse gas abatement projects or suppliers.
7. Your purchase of the Offset Your Home and Car will be formally retired on behalf of Qantas. However, this will not contribute towards Qantas’ voluntary carbon targets or compliance obligations.
8. While Qantas has taken reasonable care to ensure that the information provided by us on Qantas websites relating to carbon offsetting is correct, all information may be subject to change at any time without notice. Qantas is not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this website or if that information is not up-to-date.
9. Qantas reserves the right to suspend or terminate this carbon offsetting arrangement in its absolute discretion at any time, without giving notice to you. This arrangement will be subject to any applicable legislative or other regulatory controls imposed by State and Federal Governments, whether existing now or at any time in the future.
10. These Terms and Conditions are effective as at the date of publication (26 November 2021) and may be amended by Qantas from time to time without giving notice to you.
You should also read the general terms and conditions that apply to use of this website.
Earning Qantas Points
1. You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee and conditions apply.
2. Members will earn 10 Qantas Points per A$1 value spent on Offset your Home and Car purchased at the Rewards StoreOpens external site. The points awarded are based on the dollar amount quoted at the time of purchasing at the Rewards StoreOpens external site.
3. The points awarded are rounded up to the nearest point.
4. To earn Qantas Points, enter your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number when making your purchase.
5. Qantas Points can only be earned on the cash component of Points Plus Pay for Offset your Home and Car. Qantas Points will not be earned on any taxes or Qantas Points redeemed. Qantas Points will be credited to the member’s account up to 30 days from the date Offset your Home and Car is purchased. The number of Points earned (if any) will be at the rate advertised on the Website at the time of purchase.
6. Eligible carbon offset products means offset products you purchase at the Rewards StoreOpens external site.
7. This offer may be withdrawn or extended anytime by Qantas.
Using Qantas Points
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer to earn and use Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions.
2. To use Qantas Points to Offset your Home and Car in Australia, Qantas Frequent Flyer members must provide their membership number when purchasing at the Rewards StoreOpens external site in a new window.
Offset your Home and Car Methodology
The following data sources have been used to construct the emissions calculations for each state.