Qantas Promotion: Win a Year’s Worth of Flights, Hotel Stays and Fuel
Terms and Conditions
1. The Promotion
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry in the ‘Win a Year’s Worth of Flights, Hotel Stays and Fuel’ (Promotion) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promotion is a game of chance.
2. Promoter’s Details
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (Telephone: 13 11 31) (Promoter).
3. Promotion Period
- All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEST) 23 August 2021 and closes at 11.59pm (AEDT) 31 December 2021 (Promotion Period).
4. Eligibility to enter
- Entry into the promotion is open only to members of the Australian public who:
(a) have been fully vaccinated under the national COVID-19 vaccination program, and
(b) are Qantas Frequent Flyer members, and
(c) are 18 years of age or older, and
(d) based in Australia ; and
(e) successfully apply for a reward on the Qantas app between 12.01am (AEST) 23 August 2021 and 11.59pm (AEDT) 31 December 2021 (Eligible Entrants).
- Qantas Airways Limited Group Management and any employees involved in the competition are ineligible to enter.
- The two winners of the Channel 7 Sunrise ‘Win a year’s worth of flights, hotel stays and fuel’ promotion are ineligible to enter.
5. How to Enter into the Promotion
- Eligible Entrants will receive one entry into the Promotion when they log into the Qantas App and complete the form during the Promotion Period (maximum of one entry per Qantas Frequent Flyer number). Entrants must quote both their Qantas Frequent Flyer number and State or Territory of residence, and upload their COVID-19 digital certificate successfully (or satisfy any other requirement determined by Qantas for vaccine verification) to complete the form for a valid entry.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age, place of residence and vaccination status) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
6. Drawing of entries
- There will be one (1) draw per Australian State and Territory, with a total of eight (8) draws (Prize Draws). The Prize Draws will take place at 2pm on 12 January 2022 at MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. The Prize Draws will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
- The result of the Prize Draws is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The Prize
- There will be eight (8) Prizes. One (1) Prize will be awarded to one Eligible Entrant resident of each Australian State and Territory. The maximum notional value of each prize package per State and Territory is $85,450 based on the face value of the flight and fuel vouchers, and the estimated value of ALL points at the time of printing. With a maximum total notional prize pool of $683,600. The Prize value is in Australian Dollars. The notional value of 1 million ALL – Accor Live Limitless points of $31,800 (or EUR20,000) was converted from EUR to AUD in July 2021 based on an exchange rate of 1 AUD = 0.6289 EURO. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum value of each Prize.
- The estimate of the maximum value of each Prize is provided for information purposes only and will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a prize Winner.
- Each Prize comprises of Qantas Major Flight Passes, ALL - Accor Live Limitless reward points and a bp fuel voucher as follows:
(a) Qantas Flights: The Qantas Flights prize will be provided in the form of twelve (12) $4000 and one (1) $2000 Major Prize Flight Passes and will be emailed to each Winner’s Qantas Frequent Flyer registered email address. The Major Prize Flight Passes must be used on Qantas flights with a QF flight number. The Major Prize Flight Passes are valid until the expiry date shown, which will be 12 months from the date of issue and can be used as a form of payment through Qantas on qantas.com and Qantas Contact Centres. The Major Prize Flight Passes are non-transferable and may not be sold, traded or bartered. They may not be redeemed for cash, cheque or credit, except where required by law. The Major Prize Flight Passes will be issued in AUD currency. If the Winners would like to use the Major Prize Flight Passes for a booking in another currency, it will be subject to the currency exchange rate at time of booking. Except where prohibited by law, we may, at our discretion for reasons including but not limited to mistaken issuance, fraudulent use or breach of these terms and conditions, cancel, void, reject, modify or reissue the Major Prize Flight Passes. The Major Prize Flight Passes will not be accepted as a form of payment if the Major Prize Flight Passes number is invalid or cannot be identified. Qantas is not liable for the loss or theft of a Major Prize Flight Pass or the unintended use of a Major Prize Flight Pass by a person other than the recipient, and it's important to keep these details safe and secure. If a Winner loses their Major Prize Flight Pass details, contact your local Qantas office as soon as possible. Visit qantas.com for more information.
(b) Accor Hotel Stays: The Accor prize will be provided in the form of one million (1,000,000) ALL - Accor Live Limitless reward points (notionally valued at$31,800) awarded to each Winner’s ALL membership account. Winners who are not members of the ALL loyalty programme must sign up to receive the reward points. A joining fee does not apply. The one million ALL - Accor Live Limitless reward points may be used (in multiples of 2,000 reward points) towards booking accommodation, via Accor direct channels (all.accor.com and the Accor app) in properties that are participating in the loyalty programme. The points can also be used on experiences and programs offered by ALL partners as part of the programme. Membership is subject to the ALL programme terms and conditions of membershipOpens external site. Reward points are valid for 365 days from the date of issue (and may be subject to extension in accordance with the ALL programme terms and conditions of membership). The notional value of $31,800 is based on a currency conversion from EUR20,000 (as referred to above) and a sample of ALL – Accor Live Limitless rewards that could be obtained by redeeming one million ALL – Accor Live Limitless reward points through the ALL loyalty program (further details of which are available at the above link).
(c) bp Fuel: The bp fuel prize will be provided in the form of a AU$3,650 physical bp Gift Card. The bp Gift Card can be used to purchase all bp goods and services and will be valid until Jan 2024. By using the bp Gift Card, you agree to be bound by the bp Gift Card terms and conditions, available hereOpens external site. The bp Gift Cards will be sent via registered post to the Winners within four weeks from the date Winners are notified and provide confirmation of postal address.
- The Prize includes GST payable on flights, accommodation or bp purchases, and any additional taxes included in the price of a flight. Unless otherwise stated, the Prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, ground transportation or other taxes not ordinarily included in the price of an airfare, accommodation booking or bp purchase. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
- Prize airfares and accommodation are subject to availability at the time of booking. The Winners will not accrue Qantas Points or Status Credits on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased with cash or Qantas Points on airfares booked with the Winner’s Qantas Major Flight Passes.
- Each Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a Winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A Prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a Prize that the Winner accepts the conditions of use of that Prize.
- If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority and the Prize Winner will be notified accordingly.
8. Notification of Winner
- Within two (2) business days of the Prize Draw, the Promoter will notify the Prize Winners by:
(a) email, at the email registered with the Promoter;
(b) telephone, at the telephone number registered with the Promoter;
(c) publishing the Prize Winners’ names on the Qantas website at https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequent-flyer/member-offers/been-vaccinated-be-rewarded.html from 14 January 2022, for a period of 28 days; and
(d) publishing the Prize Winners’ names in The Australian newspaper on 19 January 2022.
- If a Prize Winner:
(a) responds within 3 calendar months, they will have been deemed to have accepted their Prize (Winner’s Acceptance); or
(b) fails to respond within 3 calendar months of the Prize Draw, their Prize will be deemed unclaimed.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an Eligible Entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the Prize. If the Prize remains unclaimed at 5:00pm on 12 April 2022, a second chance draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 26 April 2022 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The Winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email and phone within 2 business days after the draw and their name will be published on https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequent-flyer/member-offers/been-vaccinated-be-rewarded.html from 28 April 2022 for a period of 28 days and announced in The Australian newspaper on 3 May 2022.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting or using a Prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
9. Limitation of liability and variation of terms
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time in its sole discretion for administrative reasons or to ensure efficient operation of the Promotion. Changes will be posted on the Qantas website at https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequent-flyer/member-offers/been-vaccinated-be-rewarded.html The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents, including prize providers bp and Accor Hotels (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 9.3 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
(a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt, third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
(b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
10. Entry details and privacy
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter, as follows:
(a) the name and photograph of each of the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize.
- Eligible Entrants consent to:
(a) the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion, awarding any prizes and publishing the Winner’s details for notification purposes; and
(b) the Promoter sharing personal information provided in connection with this promotion to third parties and any applicable statutory authorities.
- Sensitive personal information collected from Eligible Entrants for the purpose of verifying their eligibility for the Promotion will not be retained by the Promoter, but each Winner’s vaccination status will be ascertainable as a result of the Winner’s details being published for notification purposes.
11. Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
- At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.phpOpens external site, and other related policies.
12 . Important information and conditions about competitions on Instagram
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram.
13. Permit details
- The Promotion is authorised under NSW Permit No. NTP/02357, SA Licence No. T21/1244, and ACT Permit No. TP21/01362.