1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the Promotion (Promotion) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way
(1) The Promotion is a game of chance.
(2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, New South Wales 2020 (Promoter).
All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The Promotion commences at 12:01am, Monday 18 January 2021 and closes at 11:59pm, Wednesday 30 June 2021 (Promotion Period).
3. Eligibility to enter
(1) Subject to clauses 3(2) and 3(3), entry in the Promotion is open to any Australia based business with an active ABN that:
(a) Is an existing member of the Qantas Business Rewards program
(b) Becomes a Qantas Business Rewards member by 14 March 2021 (Eligible Entrant).
(2) Excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of Mike Da Silva and Associates (AUST) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate.
4. Entry into the Promotion
(1) In order to enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotional Period:
(a) Existing Qantas Business Rewards members
(i) Register their entry for the promotion via https://www.qantas.com/au/en/business-rewards/exclusive-offers/QBES177.html
(ii) AND, spend with any Qantas Business Rewards program Partner between 12.01am 18 January 2021 and 11.59pm 11 April 2021 (Entry Period)
(iii) AND receive Qantas Points from the transaction into their Qantas Business Rewards account by 11.59pm 30 June 2021, or
(b) New Qantas Business Rewards members
(i) Become a Qantas Business Rewards member and activate their account during the Entry Period
(ii) AND, spend with any Qantas Business Rewards program Partner during the Entry Period
(iii) AND, receive Qantas Points from the transaction into their Qantas Business Rewards account by 11.59pm 30 June 2021
Each Eligible Entrant as at the relevant closing date during the Promotion Period will automatically be placed into the Prize Draw to be held in accordance with clause 6. An Eligible Entrant who is entered into the promotion will be an “Entrant”.
5. The Prize
(1) There will be one (1) Prize Draw and ten (10) prizes to be won in the Promotion. Each prize consists of Qantas flight credit in the form of a UATP (Universal Air Travel Plan) account/card(s) credited with ten thousand dollars ($10,000).
(2) The maximum value of each Prize is $10,000.00 with a total prize pool of $100,000. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum value of each Prize. The Prize value is in Australian Dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the prize is taken.
(3) Within a reasonable time frame after the relevant Winner’s Acceptance (and within one month of the Prize Draw), the Prize will be credited to the Prize Winner, provided that they are still a current and active Qantas Business Rewards member as per the Qantas Business Rewards membership Terms and ConditionsOpens external site.
(4) The Qantas UATP cards can be used to make Eligible Purchases including Qantas marketed and operated flights via Qantas.com or using their preferred Travel Agent.
(5) The Account Holder is responsible for the use of the UATP and the expenditure incurred.
(6) Amounts credited to the UATP must be used within 12 months of issuance.
(7) A UATP credit balance or part thereof, is not transferable and may not be redeemed for cash under any circumstances.
(8) Qantas will not refund any costs incurred by fraudulent use of the UATP
(9) Travel booked with a UATP does not attract Qantas Points.
(10) UATP will not allow a ticket to be issued when the limit has been reached. A standard threshold will apply to avoid any transaction over the available limit.
(11) UATP Eligible Purchases:
(a) Qantas marketed and operated flights
(b) Qantas Club and Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership (via the Service Centre)
(c) Qantas Additional Baggage Allowance
(d) Qantas Advance Seat Selection
(12) UATP cannot be used for:
(a) Promotional, APoSD, Route Deal and Retail Net fares
(b) Products on the Qantas Frequent Flyer Store and Qantas Wine
(c) Hotel bookings, car rentals, airport travels, and any other non-air travel related products
(13) The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person. No changes are permitted to travel arrangements once tickets are issued. If the prize is not utilised as stated it will be forfeited.
(14) Qantas Airways Limited, its related bodies corporate, their officers, employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this competition, the promotion of this competition or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
(15) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
6. Drawing of entries
(1) The Prize Draw will take place via electronic draw at 2:00pm on Monday 5 July 2021 at the offices of at MDSA, Level 2, 40 Yeo Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
(2) The first ten (10) Eligible Entries drawn in the Prize Draw will win a Prize (Prize Winner).
(3) The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Notification of the winner
(1) Within two (2) business days of the Prize Draw, the Promoter will notify the Prize Winner by:
(a) email, at the email registered with the Promoter;
(b) telephone, at the telephone number registered with the Promoter;
(c) publishing the Prize Winner’s names on the Promoter’s website at: https://www.qantas.com/au/en/business-rewards/info/flight-vouchers-competition-terms.html on Wednesday 7 July 2021, for a minimum of 28 days; and
(d) publishing the Prize Winners’ names in The Australian newspaper on 12 July 2021.
(2) If a Prize Winner:
(a) responds within 3 calendar months of the Prize Draw, they will have been deemed to have accepted their Prize (Winner’s Acceptance); or
(b) fails to respond within 3 calendar months of the Prize Draw, their Prize will be deemed unclaimed or forfeited.
(3) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. The redraw, if required. will be conducted at the same time and location as the original Prize Draw on 12 October 2021, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any Prize Winner(s) of an unclaimed Prize will be notified in writing by email, by phone, published on the Promoter’s website at: https://www.qantas.com/au/en/business-rewards/info/flight-vouchers-competition-terms.html on 14 October 2021, for a minimum of 28 days, and published in The Australian newspaper on 19 October 2021.
8. Other Matters Relating to the Promotion
(1) If a Prize or receipt of it incurs a tax liability, the Prize Winner is liable for payment of such tax.
(2) The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
(3) It is a condition of accepting a Prize that the Prize Winner accepts the conditions applicable to the Prize. The Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
(4) Subject to State legislation and (if required) the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole (or any of its components), with a substitute prize of equal or greater value and the Prize Winner will be notified accordingly.
(5) Acceptance of the Prize is deemed consent for the Promoter to use the Prize Winners’ details, voice, image, likeness and photographs for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes on the Promoter’s website or in other forms of social media or on other websites or in any other media used by the Promoter for an indefinite time without any further attribution, reference, payment or other compensation to the Prize Winner.
9. Entry details and privacy
10. Limitation of liability and variation of terms
(1) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
(2) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
(3) The exclusion of liability in clause 10(2) does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
(a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
(b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
(1) Subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, the Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate all or part of the Promotion, or disqualify and prohibit further participation in this Promotion, in the event that any portion of this Promotion is compromised by a virus, bugs, non-authorised human intervention, hackers or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which, in the sole opinion of the Promoter, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion.
(2) The Promoter reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time in its sole discretion for administrative reasons or to ensure efficient operation of the Promotion. Changes will be posted on the Promoter’s website at https://www.qantas.com/au/en/business-rewards/info/flight-vouchers-competition-terms.html
12. Permit Details
The Promotion is authorised under NSW Permit Number NTP/00790, ACT Permit Number TP20/01723 and SA Licence No. T20/1518.
We acknowledge the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work, live and fly.
We pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.