Simple, flexible and easy to use.
Created to give our customers more flexibility, Qantas Pass is a virtual account that stores the value of your Flight Credit.
From July 2021, Qantas will be transferring certain Flight Credits to a Qantas Pass. Frequent Flyer members and Qantas Business Rewards customers can view which Flight Credits have been transferred to a Qantas Pass by logging into their account and selecting ‘See all bookings’. Underneath your original booking reference, you will see an alert titled ‘Qantas Pass’.
Your Qantas Pass will be issued in an email outlining your Qantas Pass number, expiry date and important information about its use.
Powered by UATP, your Qantas Pass can be used with Qantas for:
- Flight bookings.
- Qantas travel products like additional baggage and seat selection.
- Multiple bookings so you can use your Qantas Pass when it suits you.
- Any number of passengers, even those not on your original booking.
Watch the video for step-by-step instructions on how to use your Qantas Pass.
When making a booking, you can use your Qantas Pass simply on qantas.com. Here’s how:
- Book your flights, additional baggage and seat selection on qantas.com.
- On the 'Payment' page, select the 'Qantas Pass' option on the payment panel.
- Enter your Qantas Pass details.
Note: you can't use your Qantas Pass as a payment option if carbon offset or travel insurance is included in your booking.
- No card payment fees apply when paying with your Qantas Pass online.
- If your new booking is more than the balance of your Qantas Pass, you can pay the balance with another card type. A card payment fee may apply to the balance depending on the method of payment. For more information on using multiple forms of payment, visit Payment options and Schedule of fees.
- Alternatively, you can make your booking through your local Qantas office, however booking fees may apply.
Qantas will provide you with the Terms and Conditions of use for your Qantas Pass. These include but are not limited to:
- Your Qantas Pass is valid until the expiry date shown (book and complete travel before the expiry date).
- You Qantas Pass can be used as a form of payment through Qantas: on qantas.com or through your local Qantas office (booking fees may apply).
- Your Qantas Pass is non-transferable and may not be sold, traded or bartered. It may not be redeemed for cash, cheque or credit, except where required by law.
- Your Qantas Pass is issued in the currency as displayed. If you'd like to use your Qantas Pass for a booking in another currency, it will be subject to currency exchange rates at time of booking.
- Your Qantas Pass is issued in the name of the person who paid for the original booking and will be emailed to the primary booking contact provided at the time of booking.
- Except where prohibited by law, we may, at our discretion for reasons including but not limited to mistaken issuance, fraudulent use or breach of these terms and conditions, cancel, void, reject, modify or reissue a Qantas Pass.
- Your Qantas Pass will not be accepted as a form of payment if the Qantas Pass number is invalid or cannot be identified.
- Qantas is not liable for the loss or theft of a Qantas Pass or the unintended use of a Qantas Pass by a person other than the recipient, and it’s important to keep these details safe and secure. If you lose your Qantas Pass details, contact your local Qantas office as soon as possible.