Win a Cruise
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 13 13) (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am AEDT on 7 October 2019 and closes at 11.59pm AEDT on 27 October 2019. (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to all residents of Australia, aged 21 years and over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate. Winner must be available to travel on the cruise in the Prize for the specified travel dates below.
Entry into the promotion
To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period, visit https://www.qantas.com/au/en/travel-info/email-subscription.html and;
a) Sign up to Qantas Red Email and subscribe to receive Qantas Cruise emails; or
b) Update their email preferences and subscribe to receive Qantas Cruise emails
5. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
6. Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry (multiple entries are not permitted).
7. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
9. The draw will take place at 2:00pm AEDT on 31 October 2019 at the offices of MDSA at Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 and will be conducted by MDSA. (Drawer).
10. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. There will be one (1) prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$13,021.26 based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
12. The prize includes:
a) Up to four (4) passenger cruise tickets where passenger is an Adult (21 years or over) or Child (accompanied by an Adult, and who is a parent or legal guardian of the Child) on Royal Caribbean’s Voyager of the Seas 10 nights South Pacific and Australia cruise from Sydney roundtrip departing 18 March 2020, stopping to explore; Lifou (Loyalty Island), Mystery Island (Vanuatu), Vila (Vanuatu), Mare (New Caledonia) and Isle of Pines (New Caledonia)
b) Accommodation on board the cruise ship sleeps up to 4 passengers in a Junior Suite
c) Bonus Shipboard Credit amount of US$300 (AU$440) per stateroom
d) One (1) Qantas Flight Voucher to the value of AU$2,000. See Clause 13 for Voucher Terms and Conditions.
For any queries in relation to this prize, Qantas Cruises can be contacted directly via 1300 766 566.
13. Qantas Flight Gift Vouchers are redeemable for one-way or return Qantas domestic or international flights departing Australia (excluding multi city, Classic Flight Rewards or Points Plus Pay Flight bookings or optional extras such as additional baggage or seat selection) and are valid for three years from date of issue. Only one voucher can be redeemed per booking. Vouchers are non-refundable, except in certain circumstances including under the Australian Consumer Law. The names of the voucher recipients may be changed when you redeem the voucher but the number of recipients cannot be changed (you cannot increase or decrease the total number of recipients). The number of people on a booking redeeming the voucher must be equal to the number of voucher recipients. The number of recipients listed cannot be changed.
Vouchers can be redeemed at https://www.qantas.com/au/en/book-a-trip/gift-vouchers.html or through Qantas Contact Centres, however a booking fee applies through Qantas Contact Centres. Full voucher conditions are available at https://www.qantas.com/au/en/book-a-trip/gift-vouchers/voucher-conditions.html.
14. The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion/s. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
15. The winners and their companions must travel together on the cruise and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize.
16. Prize travel must be booked by 22 November 2019. Prize travel must be completed by 28 March 2020 for travel on the cruise outlined above in clause 12. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
17. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
18. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
19. Royal Caribbean and Qantas accept no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize. Royal Caribbean may alter the itinerary from the itinerary originally promoted.
Notification of the winner
20. The winner will be notified by email and by telephone by 4 November 2019, and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper and on, qantas.com (for a minimum of 30 days), on 7 November 2019.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
22. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed by 5:00pm AEDT on 14 November 2019, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 15 November 2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email and telephone on 15 November 2019, and their names will be published on qantas.com (for a minimum of 30 days), from 18 November 2019.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
23. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
24. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
25. The exclusion of liability in clause 24 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
26. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
27. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
28. At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php, and other related policies.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Instagram
29. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram.
31. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
32. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/04194, ACT TP19/38139 & SA Licence No. T19/1554.