Set sail with Qantas Cruises Competition
Terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion/Acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (+61 2 9691 3636) (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 10:00 AM on 13 September 2022 and closes at 11.59 AM on 1 November 2022 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to all Australian residents over 18 years of age. (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period enter visit the competition page and answer in 25 words or less: Why would you love to win a cruise with Qantas Cruises?
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7. Eligible Entrants are permitted multiple entries.
8. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
10. The draw will take place at 10:00 AM on 7 November 2022 at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020. The draw will be conducted by Qantas (Drawer).
11. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Judging of entries
12. Entries will be judged based on their originality and creativity.
13. Judging will take place at 10:00 AM on 7 November 2022 at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020. The draw will be conducted by Qantas (Adjudicator).
14. The Adjudicator’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
15. There will be six prizes. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$25,594, based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
16. The Adjudicator/ Promoter, in their sole discretion, may not allocate any Prize(s), or fewer than the number of Prize(s) stated above (including in circumstances where insufficient entries are received or entries are judged to be of a poor standard).
|Cruise Line||Prize||Value||Date of Cruise or Expiry|
|P&O Cruises||2 Adults in Twin share balcony cabin on Pacific Adventure cruise V308 Moreton Island, 4 nights||Valued at $649 per person twin-share||Departing Sydney, Australia on Thursday, 16 February 2023|
|Carnival Cruise Line||2 Adults in Quad Balcony room on Carnival Splendor, 8 Days South Pacific||Valued at $4,296 on 24 August 202||Departing from Sydney, Australia on Sunday 26th February 2023|
|Royal Caribbean||Voucher||$5,000||Valid for 36 months from send date to winner|
|Norwegian Cruise Line||Voucher||$5,000||Valid for 36 months from send date to winner|
|Ponant||Voucher||$5,000||Valid for 36 months from send date to winner|
|Windstar Cruises||Voucher||$5,000||Valid for 36 months from send date to winner|
17. In order to redeem vouchers, the winners can search for a Cruise from the relevant line on Qantas cruises and then call 1300 766 566 with your voucher code to redeem the value of the voucher towards a new booking. Bookings must be made within 36 months of voucher date. The voucher can only be redeemed once and must be wholly redeemed in one transaction, any unused voucher funds will be forfeited.Voucher must be used with aligned cruise line to which the voucher is for. On prizes (a) and (b) only two adults are included. If you would like to add children to the cabin, a price will be quoted at time of booking or enquiry. Conditions and vaccinations may apply for children over 12 years.
18. The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature and is not redeemable for cash. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner and companions. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
19. Prize Cruises are subject to availability at the time of booking. The winners and their companions must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize.
20. Prizes (vouchers) must be booked within 36 months of issue date. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued.
21. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
22. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
23. All guests 12 years and older, unless they have a valid medical exemption, are required to be 'fully vaccinated' with a COVID-19 vaccine that is approved or recognised by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) to board. It is strongly recommended that children under 12 years of age are also fully vaccinated against COVID-19, when eligible, before travelling on a cruise. For children under 12 years of age at the time of cruise departure who will not be fully vaccinated, and guests with a valid recognised medical exemption to not be fully vaccinated, you will need to advise us of this as soon as possible as there is a limit on the number of guests who are not fully vaccinated that can travel on each cruise departure. In line with the Australian definition of 'fully vaccinated' for the purpose of Australia's border arrangements, you will be considered fully vaccinated if you have completed a primary course (for most vaccines, this is two doses), including a mixed dose schedule, of TGA approved or recognised vaccines, with the last dose given at least 14 days prior to the cruise departure date. Guests 12 years and older, and any guests under 12 years of age who are fully vaccinated, will need to provide proof of their vaccination status or valid recognised medical exemption before they embark their cruise. Failure to provide required proof of vaccination or a valid recognised medical exemption may result in denial of boarding. As part of the guidelines agreed to by the cruising industry and respective Australian governments, it is a requirement that at least 95% of guests must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This means there is a limit on the number of guests who are not fully vaccinated that can travel on each cruise departure. The limit applies to any children under 12 years of age who are not fully vaccinated, and any other guests who are not fully vaccinated and have a valid recognised medical exemption. Any other guests who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to travel. No expenses will be covered in relation to a denied exemption or denied boarding. Guests will also need to declare that they have had a negative COVID-19 test result by either a PCR performed within 72 hours prior to boarding or with a self-administered Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) within 24 hours prior to boarding. A health declaration and confirmation of a negative COVID-19 test must also be completed by a parent or guardian for any dependent child they are travelling with. This information is current as of 31 August 2022 and is subject to change.
Notification of the winner
24. The winners will be notified by email by 10:00 AM on 9 November 2022 and their names will be published on qantas.com by 26 November 2022.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
25. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 10:00 AM 16 November 2022, a second draw will be conducted by the Adjudicator on 10:00 AM 17 November 2022 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email by 19 November 2022 and their names will be published on qantas.com by 26 November 2022. Backup winners at the time the original judging occurs.
Right of the Promoter to redjudge
26. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 10:00 AM 16 November 2022, back up winners will be contacted by the Adjudicator at 10:00 AM 17 November 2022 at the same time and place as the original judging, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email by 19 November 2022 and their names will be published on qantas.com by 26 November 2022.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
27. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
28. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
29. The exclusion of liability in clause does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
- to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
30. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties and any applicable statutory authorities). Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
31. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
32. At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed on FacebookOpens external site, and other related policies.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Instagram
33. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram.
35. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.