Qantas is proud to present The Australian Financial Review 100 Women of Influence Awards.
The Australian Financial Review 100 Women of Influence Awards presented by Qantas encompasses ten categories, with the aim of identifying a diverse group of women championing change in business and society. We want to uncover and promote Australian women who have dedicated their time and energy to help and encourage other women in their industry, and who are fighting for change every day.
These are women who confront unfairness and don’t take no for an answer; who identify what needs to be done then roll up their sleeves to do it; and who use their skills and ability to help change the status quo to a more equal, more diverse, and vibrant society.
Please visit www.afrwomenofinfluence.com.au for 2019 entry and event dates.
Lesley Grant Qantas Group Executive People, Culture and Corporate Affairs said: “Qantas has a strong emphasis on diversity and equality in the workplace – from pilots and engineers to corporate employees and our front line team – so we are pleased to be working with The Australian Financial Review to shine the spotlight on influential Australian women and inspire the next generation of trailblazers."
Diversity and inclusion at Qantas
We value diversity of thought and experience and believe that our inclusive and collaborative culture contributes to our success. We’re a diverse workforce that reflects contemporary, multicultural Australia. We celebrate and promote this diversity as a strength of our business.
We're committed to:
- treating people with dignity and respect
- developing inclusive leaders who value and have a deep understanding of diversity and inclusion, and the capability to build inclusive teams and working environments
- delivering programs and providing support services that enable all employees to feel that they belong and are valued individuals who can reach their full potential
- communicating our progress towards diversity and inclusion across the Group and externally
- identifying and cultivating partnerships and supplier relationships that promote and improve diversity and inclusion within Qantas, for our customers and in the community.
Qantas CEO Alan Joyce is a member of the Male Champions of Change Institute, a network of influential leaders that seek to redefine men’s role in taking action on gender inequality.