Travel to (Dili) East Timor
Travelling has changed, and you may need to do a little more planning and preparation before take-off. Ensure you check and comply with all airline and government travel requirements before arriving at the airport.
Last updated: 1 April 2022
On this page
All passengers on international flights operated by Qantas are required to be fully vaccinated (some exceptions for children and medical exemptions apply). In accordance with Australian Government guidelines, a traveller is not fully vaccinated unless at least 7 full calendar days have elapsed since the last dose of vaccine in a course of immunisation. Learn more about our vaccination requirements.
Customers with a COVID-19 vaccination medical exemption must submit your documentation to Qantas before your flight. We're not able to process exemptions at the airport on your day of departure. See more on applying for clearance to travel.
This requirement relates to flights operated by Qantas on a Qantas aircraft, including those booked via another airline or third-party travel arranger. If you're travelling on a Qantas codeshare flight which is operated by another airline on their aircraft, you'll need to contact them directly to understand and meet their requirements.
You should always check the vaccination requirements for the country you're travelling to, and comply with the most stringent requirements that apply to your trip.
You'll be required to present proof of vaccination at the airport.
Before booking and before departure, ensure you check the latest East TimorOpens external site in a new window and AustralianOpens external site government conditions for travel, including any applicable Australian State Government restrictions and requirements, which may include mandatory travel and health declarations, vaccinations, use of face masks, and immigration and entry requirements (which may include renewing your passport, or applying for a visa), or you could be denied entry. This information is subject to change and we recommend you check these websites frequently for any updates.
Fully vaccinated passengers
Before departure you'll need to:
- Check if you're considered fully vaccinated according to East Timor Government guidelinesOpens external site in a new window, which includes completing a full course of an approved vaccine at least 7 days prior to travel. Exceptions apply for travellers under 12 years old.
- Have evidence of your vaccination status, which must show your name as per your passport.
- All travellers including children are subject to medical screening upon arrival.
- Visa on arrivalOpens external site in a new window for eligible passport holders, with a maximum stay of 30 days.
- Price USD30 or equivalent exchange rate (fees payable in USD cash only).
- Your passport must contain at least 1 unused visa page.
All other passengers
If you’re unvaccinated and eligible to enter East Timor you will be subject to isolation for 14 days.
If you're unable to be vaccinated due to medical reasons or you return a positive pre-departure COVID-19 test result, you may still be able to travel with us in some circumstances:
- Vaccination exemptions: You can request a vaccination exemption due to a medical condition that prevents you from being vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine. You'll also be required to show proof of a negative pre-departure COVID-19 test when you check-in.
- Prior positive medical clearance: If you've previously had a COVID-19 infection, you may be able to apply for medical clearance based on a past positive infection, provided you're no longer infectious and don’t have any symptoms. Check the government requirements to see if they permit exceptions for past positive infections, for any countries you're travelling to or transiting through, before submitting your request to us.
See more information on how to request COVID-19 vaccination exemptions and past positive medical clearance.
Keep up to date with the latest requirements
It’s important to continue to check the relevant government websites for the latest travel requirements, as these may change closer to your departure date and more information may become available.
Inflight and airport services
Find out about any changes to your airport and inflight experience.
See inflight and airport services for more information.