Achieving the impossible together.
On this page
If you’re successful in joining one of our recruitment programs, you’ll be supported every step of the way to bring out the best. You’ll get a taste for a wide variety of areas that make up the Qantas business, so you can get ahead and help us lead our company well into the future.
We're committed to improving employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and we encourage you to apply for jobs at the Qantas Group at any stage of your career.
Our career pathway programs for school-based trainees and university interns are designed to help young Indigenous Australians develop skills and enter the workplace.
We also have a range of opportunities for experience Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander job seekers in the Qantas Group both in corporate and operational areas.
- Operational - cabin crew, pilots, engineers, customer service agents, and baggage handlers.
- Corporate - sales and marketing, human resources, information technology, finance, property, procurement, aircraft fleet and route network planning, security, health and safety, environment, and legal.
School Based Traineeship Program
In partnership with MaximaOpens external site in a new window, we offer two-year school-based traineeships for Indigenous high school students in years 11 and 12 across Australia. Traineeships help gain work experience along with an opportunity to complete a nationally accredited qualification.
Trainees work in a range of business areas including corporate administration, customer service, engineering, ground operations, freight and regional airlines.
While completing year 11 and 12 studies, trainees will:
- work one day a week with Qantas (additional days in the school holidays)
- receive an income while learning new skills
- achieve a nationally recognised qualification - Certificate II/III qualification (in a relevant discipline)
- be supported by their Qantas supervisor, colleagues and the Indigenous programs team.
To find out more, visit the MaximaOpens external site in a new window website.
Qantas Indigenous Internship Program for university students
Are you of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and studying an undergraduate degree at University?
Would you like to gain some real experience working for Qantas while getting paid?
We’ve partnered with CareerTrackers to provide Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander university students an opportunity to undertake an internship with Qantas.
Our interns work across Australia in a range of business areas including operations, human resources, engineering, sales, legal, finance and regional airlines.
While studying, interns will:
- complete a summer and/or winter placement during university break (a summer internship is typically 10 weeks and a winter internship is typically 4 weeks.)
- receive an income whilst completing valuable work projects and gaining valuable on the job experience
- be supported by their Qantas supervisor, colleagues and the Indigenous Programs team.
To find out more, visit the Career TrackersOpens external site in a new window website.
The Qantas Graduate Program offers a unique, two-year accelerated career start and development path for recent university graduates.
To join us on the world stage you‘ll have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, a credit average in a general or specialist degree and a demonstrated commitment to extra curricular activities. To succeed, you’ll be resilient with strong communication and analytical skills and be able to establish good working relationships.
We're looking for motivated individuals ready to take on new challenges, share their ideas and help take Qantas forward in a highly competitive aviation industry.
You'll start with us in February and over two years and four rotations you'll work on real projects that allow you to shape the future of Qantas' culture, product, network and service. These rotations will help you learn about the different areas of our business and shape where you end up.
The Qantas Graduate Program integrates on-the-job experience, coaching, formal classroom learning, performance planning and feedback.
Our engineering apprenticeships offer an exciting opportunity to become a qualified and highly trained tradesperson, specialising in aircraft maintenance and other trades.
With a number of apprenticeships at our Brisbane airport maintenance facility, our apprentices have the chance to train and gain experience in a world class organisation with first class facilities.
For more information on available programs and how to apply, check out our Qantas Apprenticeship Program page.