Extra Legroom Seats and Exit Row Seats
Extra Legroom seats are selected seats which offer your customer additional legroom. Your customer can prepay for these seats on Qantas international flights and Qantas Australian domestic flights operated by B717, E190, F100, B737, A320 and A330 aircraft.
These seats can be booked via your Technology Partner connected to the Qantas Distribution Platform and other technology systems.
Extra Legroom seats are located in the economy cabin and can be either exit row or non-exit row seats.
The following charges apply for Extra Legroom seat selection on domestic and international economy sale fares. Charges vary dependent on city pair, sector length and availability. Your customer can also use Qantas Frequent Flyer points to purchase these seats. Charges are non-commissionable.
||Extra Legroom Seats
||All B717/E190 flights
||Short-haul and Norfolk Island
|Australian Domestic||Long-haul||From A$65|
|Australian Domestic||East-West||From A$70|
||East Coast Australia to New Zealand, Port Moresby, New Caledonia, Fiji, Samoa and Tonga
||Australia to Asia and Honolulu
||Australia to South Africa, UK, Europe and the Americas||From A$180
- You can book these seats for your customer through your Technology Partner or Manage Booking.
- If your customer is part of a group booking, please contact Group Travel to book an Exit Row seat.
Please ensure that your customer is at least 15 years of age and meets all Exit Row Seat Requirements and Conditions before booking their seat.
View full Terms and Conditions for seat selection.
- If your customer becomes unable to fulfil the Exit Row seat requirements, please contact Qantas Contact Centres.
- If we are notified at least 24 hours prior to departure, your customer will be transferred to a regular seat and the original amount or Qantas Points will be refunded.
- For voluntary changes made by the customer, no refund of the Extra Legroom seat fee will be available.
- A voluntary change may include (but is not limited to) a seating change, change of flight or flight cancellation by the customer.
- For requests made via Manage Booking, a refund may be requested through our online refund form no later than three months after the departure date of the affected flight.
- For requests made through your Technology Partner, you may apply for a refund once travel is completed through BSPlink or ARC.
- An involuntary change may include (but is not limited to) a schedule change, a flight disruption or aircraft change.
- Exit Row seat refund conditions are independent of fare refund conditions.
Check-in for customers seated in Exit Row seats is only available at airport check-in counters.
Qantas has the sole discretion at check-in or boarding, to determine whether a passenger meets the requirements to sit in an Exit Row seat. If the passenger does not meet the requirements, they will be assigned a different seat.
Seat selection cannot be guaranteed as seats may need to be changed for operational, safety or security reasons, even after boarding the aircraft.