Name Correction and Name Change
The following procedures apply when a correction or change is required to a customer's name. Tickets must be validated to Qantas (081) and be wholly unused.
Please read the following definitions of Name Correction and Name Change to ensure you apply the correct procedure:
Name Correction - Applies when there is an error in an existing customer's name that needs to be corrected. The ticket is reissued by the travel agent to reflect the correct name.
Name Change - Applies to domestic tickets when the existing customer is no longer travelling and requests that the unused domestic ticket be used as credit towards a new domestic ticket in another customer’s name.
The following outlines the procedure for a name correction to bookings containing Qantas flights with a ‘QF’ flight number operated by Qantas.
The following changes are permitted:
- One (1) name correction of three (3) characters or less to the family name
- Unlimited corrections to the first name and/or title
You can make the above corrections in your GDS or Technology Partner booking without authority from Qantas Agency Connect.
Corrections of more than three (3) characters require an authority and action by Qantas to prevent the booking cancelling. The following scenarios will be considered:
- Maiden to married or vice versa
- Typing error within the surname
- Typing error within the surname and first name/title
- Transposed Name (e.g. change Jane/Smith Ms to Smith/Jane Ms)
No service fee applies for the above name corrections completed pre-ticketing.
Please contact Qantas Agency Connect on 1 800 227 4795 for authority if required.
All Qantas (081) tickets require an authority for a name correction once the ticket is issued. Please contact Qantas Agency Connect on 1800 227 4795 for authority if required.
The ticket must be within validity, wholly unused and the request made before travel has commenced.
The following scenarios will be considered:
- Maiden to Married or vice versa^
- Typing error within the surname^
- Typing error within the first name and/or title^
- Typing error within the surname and first name/title^
- Transposed Name (e.g. change Jane/Smith Ms to Smith/Jane Ms)^
Back to top
If a booking contains interline and/or Qantas codeshare flights, the name in the booking cannot be corrected.
Please complete the following steps:
- Create a new booking exactly as per the original itinerary in the correct name
- If there are multiple passengers, split the customer with the incorrect name from the original booking
- Cancel the booking containing the incorrect name
- Ticket as per applicable fare rules without authority from Qantas Agency Connect
If the same booking class is unavailable for any Qantas operated and marketed flights in the itinerary, book the lowest available class in the same cabin then contact Qantas Agency Connect for assistance before cancelling the original booking.
For Qantas codeshare and/or interline flights where the same booking class is unavailable, book from current availability and issue the ticket as per the current fare rules without authority from Qantas Agency Connect.
All travel must be on Australian domestic flights for travel wholly within Australia.
If a ticket has not been issued, please cancel the booking and create a new booking in the new name.
Name Change is permitted for specific Domestic Retail and Corporate (Private) fares. No authority is required from Qantas Agency Connect.
Refer to the following clue cards for further information:
Name changes on Qantas (081) international tickets are not permitted.
International tickets are only valid for the original ticketed passenger’s name and cannot be transferred into the name of another passenger.