Automatic Waitlist Clearance
The automatic waitlist clearance (AWC) process reviews and confirms waitlisted passengers on Qantas operated and marketed flights as space becomes available.
The AWC considers your customer’s eligibility based on a range of factors including:
- Qantas Frequent Flyer and oneworld Frequent Flyer status
- Chairman's Lounge and/or Qantas Club membership
- Travel with confirmed passengers when a Total Complete Party (TCP) is in the booking
Your Customer's Flight:
- A waitlisted flight in an otherwise complete itinerary
- A waitlisted flight connecting to a confirmed Qantas flight
- Date of travel and length of time the flight has been on waitlist
- Booking class
The following factors prevent your customer from being considered for AWC:
- Previous no-show
- Confirmed higher booking class in cabin on the same flight and date
- Connecting flights that do not meet the minimum connection time (MCT)
- Waitlists held for more than 21 days
- Frequent Flyer redemption bookings
- 8 hours prior to departure.
- 24 hours prior to departure from each board point.