Agency Debit Memos (ADMs) are issued by Qantas to recover amounts that should have been remitted to us. We encourage you to use the information provided on Qantas Agency Connect to ensure that documents are issued correctly and ADMs avoided.
ADMs are issued by Qantas for the following reasons:
Incorrect Application of Fare and Ticket Conditions and Qantas Reissue Policies including:
- Advance Purchase
- Fare Basis
- Flight Application
- Form of Payment
- Minimum/Maximum Stay
- No Show
- Sales Restriction
- Ticketing Time Limit (TTL)
- Tour code
- Booking class
- Fare under collection
Failure to include correct endorsements and codes on the ticket including:
- Authority for commercial waiver of a fare condition
- Authority for a Qantas schedule change
- Authority for another airline schedule change
- Qantas Client Identification (QCI) code
Additional Reasons include:
- Non-collection of the Qantas Channel fee.
- Issuing a ticket in O/N/Q/E class when not eligible.
- Incorrect use or application of special Qantas fares
- Reissue to a different QCI code
- Refund to a different form of payment or a different credit card
- Misuse of Married Flights availability
- Class Mismatch
- Refund to an IATA number other than the original issuing IATA number
- Reissue by a different IATA number
- No Show of a passenger on an unticketed booking
- Incorrect validation to Qantas (081)
- Incorrectly claimed commission
- Incorrect issue of EMD
- Incorrect collection of Fare, Carrier Imposed Fees and/or Ticket Taxes
- Chargebacks – including cancellation fees and commission.
In selected North American markets Qantas is a member of BSP or ARC.
An administration fee of USD50 applies to each ADM in addition to the amount for which the ADM is raised.
ADM Dispute Process
In USA, ADM queries must be addressed via ARC MEMO MANAGER.
- Include copies of any relevant information required to support your query in ARC MEMO MANAGER.
- 30 days to dispute.
In the following circumstances, Qantas will reduce the amount of an ADM to a flat rate of USD50 where a shortfall in the amount remitted was due to a ticketing error. The ADM administration fee of USD50 also applies.
The ADM reduction applies to:
- Qantas Schedule Change when an authority was provided but was not added to the endorsement box.
- Other Airline Schedule Change when an authority was provided but was not added to the endorsement box.
- Fees not remitted, when a Commercial Waiver was provided but was not added to the endorsement box.
- Incorrect remittance of fare due to Qantas Corporate Identification (QCI) number missing from the Tour Code box.
If you have received an ADM notification for the full amount of the shortfall and the specific ticketing errors listed above have occurred you may request that the ADM is reduced to USD50 plus the Administration Fee of USD50:
- Within 30 days from the date of the ADM notification
- Via BSPlink, using the ADM Dispute process