Qantas takes a continuous improvement approach to refreshing our policies and procedures.
We have made some important changes to our Standard Agency Terms and Conditions (Terms), Qantas Refund Policy (Refund Policy), Qantas Agency Debt Memo Policy (ADM Policy) and introduced two new policies, the Minimum Servicing and Brand Requirements (Minimum Servicing Requirements) and Qantas Payment Policy (Payment Policy).
If your business markets, sells, facilitates or tickets a booking on Qantas, these terms apply to you. Please take the time to read through this update and look out for further changes in important policy documents over the coming weeks.
Key changes effective from 3 August 2021:
Standard Agency Terms and Conditions
View our complete Standard Agency Terms and Conditions
- Qantas has clarified our rights in relation to a breach of the Terms where the Agent is conducting unauthorised activities related to a Qantas Group Company (clause 12.3).
- Qantas has clarified the Agent’s obligations relating to breaches of the Qantas Refund Policy (clause 5.7). More details relating to changes to the Qantas Refund Policy are outlined below.
Servicing and display of Qantas Products
- Qantas has clarified the Agent’s obligations by specifically referencing the Minimum Servicing and Brand Requirements (clause 7.1 (e)). More details relating to the Minimum Servicing Requirements are outlined below.
Minimum Servicing and Brand Requirements
View our complete Minimum Servicing and Brand Requirements
This policy has been drafted and introduced to support our commitment to providing exceptional customer service, as summarised below.
Please take the time to read through this document.
Be contactable and transparent with Customers
- Qantas has clarified our expectation that Customers must be able access an Agent’s valid contact details in order to make service requests in relation to their booking (clause 2(a)(i)).
- Agents must provide a clear explanation and itemised list of fees that are charged by the Agent, distinguishable from any fees or charges imposed by Qantas (clause 2(a)(v)).
Provide Qantas with the information we need to deliver exceptional customer service
- Agents must ensure all booking information provided to the Agent by the customer is passed on to Qantas through the booking process, including but not limited to frequent flyer details, special meal requests and passenger contact details (clause 2(b)(i)).
- Agents must maintain up to date Qantas Agency Connect profiles, including entering all relevant IATA or TIDS identifiers (clause 2(b)(ii)).
Represent our brand and products appropriately
- Agents must ensure Qantas branding and collateral is up to date and used correctly (clause 2(c)(i)).
- Qantas has clarified our expectations with regards to the display of our fare rules (clause 2(c)(iii - iv)).
- Agents must clearly articulate to the Customer all complimentary products offered by Qantas through the planning, booking and ticketing of Qantas flights (clause 2(c)(v)).
- Qantas has clarified our expectations relating to reporting and the use of Qantas Corporate Identifier (QCI) codes to Agents who are appointed by a Qantas contracted corporate account (clause 3).
Qantas Refund Policy
View our complete Qantas Refund Policy
Expediency of refund
- Agents must refund the Customer no more than four (4) weeks after receipt of remitted funds from Qantas, and must be informed of and be compliant with local consumer laws or regulations (including shorter refund periods required in some jurisdictions) (clause 5.2).
- Where an Agent has not refunded the Customer within four (4) weeks of Qantas remitting funds to the Agent, and the Customer can prove they have attempted to contact the Agent to receive the refund, Qantas reserves the right to ADM the Agent for the full value of the refund plus any associated fees, if Qantas refunds the Customer directly (clause 5.3).
Form of payment
- Agents must refund the Customer via same form of payment after receipt of remitted funds from Qantas, and must be informed of and be compliant with local consumer laws or regulations (clause 4).
- Qantas has clarified our right to ADM for the full amount if a Customer has not received their payment after four (4) weeks or the required time period (clause 5.3).
- Agents must only refund a ticket back to the original form of payment. Qantas does not accept liability for refunds to different forms of payment. Activity relating to refunding to different forms of payment is monitored by Qantas and may result in an Agent Debit Memo (ADM) being raised against the Agent (clauses 4.1 and 4.2).
Qantas Agency Debt Memo Policy
View our complete ADM Policy
- Agents must only raise an ACM where the Agent can provide justification and supporting evidence that the ADM was issued in error (clause 3.1).
- An ADM Dispute must follow Qantas ADM Dispute Process (clause 3.2).
- Where Qantas receives a post billing dispute that has not followed the Qantas ADM Dispute Process, the ADM will be reissued to the Agent with service fees applied (clause 3.6).
Qantas Payment Policy
View our complete Payment Policy
This policy has been drafted and introduced to outline the obligations of Agents who use Qantas Payment Services, as summarised below.
Qantas Payment Methods
- Qantas has clarified the payment methods that are accepted from Agents for the purchase of Qantas Products and the obligations associated with the use of Qantas Payment Services (clause 2.1)
- Qantas will not accept Cards issued in the name of an Agent or their respective Personnel as a payment method for the purchase of Qantas Products (clause 2.5)
Use of Qantas Card Payment Services
- Agents must comply with the requirements set out in IATA Resolution 890 and PCI DSS when using Qantas Card Payment Services (clause 5.1)
- Agents must obtain cardholder authorisation for the use of a Customer’s Card and undertake any authentication process mandated by the relevant Card Scheme or local legislation or regulation (clause 6.1)
- Agents must disclose any applicable fees related to the processing of a payment and any payment fees applied by the Agent must be clearly identified and distinguished as an Agent payment fee (clauses 4.1 and 4.2)
It is Qantas’ expectation that all Agents adhere to the Terms. Non-compliance will be enforced. For any queries please email email@example.comOpens in a new tab or window. The complete Terms can be found here.