Extra Seat (EXST) for Personal Comfort
Customers can purchase extra seat/s on Qantas operated and marketed flights for their personal comfort. If travel includes any codeshare or interline flights, please contact the operating airline for further information.
- Your customer will need to be aware the armrests on all aircraft, with the exception of the B737, will not fully raise to be flat against the seat back.
- All seat allocations are subject to change due to operational or aircraft changes.
- A seat belt extension can be requested from cabin crew when boarding the flight and cannot be requested in advance.
Extra seats cannot be added to an existing booking. You will need to create a new booking from current availability for the required number of seats.
To make a booking for the total number of seats required:
- Create two (2) names in one (1) element using the standard name format
- Add an SSR EXST prior to ending transaction
When two (2) or more extra seats are required for the same passenger, enter the second extra seat name as SURNAME/
See GDS Entries for the required codes.
Back to top
Charge the same fare as the customer for each seat booked.
Any chargeable taxes, fees, and charges apply to the passenger only and not the extra seat/s.
If an extra seat is required from a point other than the origin of the customer:
- Charge the applicable fare in the direction of travel for the journey for which the extra seat is required
- For international journeys, convert the value at BSR into currency of commencement of travel of your customer's fare and then convert into NUC
One (1) ticket should be issued for both the customer and the extra seat/s using the customer's name.
The surcharge for the extra seat must show in the fare calculation as a Q surcharge following the first and last cities of the segments to which the surcharge applies and the amount.
AKL QF SYD Q AKLSYD168.00 168.00 NUC336.00 END ROE 1.455582
An ‘EX’ must be added to the fare basis of the ticket issued for the flights where the extra seat has been paid. After the fare basis, enter a space followed by the ticket designator ‘EX’.
SRANZEX is fare basis with extra seat
SRANZ is fare basis without extra seat
The following GDS entries apply for one (1) passenger with one (1) extra seat for personal comfort.
SREXST-REQUIRED FOR PERSONAL COMFORT/P1
S1.2/EXST*QF EXST REQUIRED FOR PERSONAL COMFORT
3EXST/REQUIRED FOR PERSONAL COMFORT-1.1 (name association item number)
When two (2) or more extra seats are required for the same customer:
Enter the second extra seat name as SURNAME/SEATPAID.
The name fields in the PNR should appears as:
1.SMITH/JOHN MR (ADT) (IDEXST) 2.SMITH/EXST 3.SMITH/SEATPAID