Extra Legroom Seats and Exit Row Seats
Extra Legroom seats are selected seats which offer your customer additional legroom. Your customer can prepay for these seats on Qantas international flights and Qantas Australian domestic flights operated by B717, F100, B737, A320 and A330 aircraft.
Extra Legroom seats are located in the economy cabin and can be either exit row or non-exit row seats.
The following charges apply for Extra Legroom seat selection on domestic and international economy sale fares. Charges vary dependent on city pair, sector length and availability. Your customer can also use Qantas Frequent Flyer points to purchase these seats. Charges are non-commissionable.
||Extra Legroom Seats
||All B717 flights
|Australian Domestic||Short-haul||From NZ$32|
|Australian Domestic||Medium-haul||From NZ$42|
|Australian Domestic||Long-haul||From NZ$68|
|Australian Domestic||East-West||From NZ$73|
||East Coast Australia to New Zealand, Fiji, Port Moresby
||Australia to Asia and Dubai, Perth to Auckland, Los Angeles to New York and Dubai to London, Honolulu
||Australia to London, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, New York, Dallas/Fort Worth, and Santiago||From NZ$149
There are special requirements for those seated in Exit Row seats. Please ensure your customer meets the conditions before purchasing.
Customers seated in Exit Row seats must:
- be at least 15 years;
- be willing to assist in the unlikely event of an emergency;
- be able to understand and carry out instructions;
- not be travelling with someone who needs assistance in an emergency;
- not have any permanent or temporary impairment, for example deaf, hearing impaired, vision-impaired, any strength or mobility limitation, intellectual impairment or be travelling with a service dog;
- be able to check outside conditions and react to cabin crew commands;
- in the event of an emergency be able to reach, open, lift and throw out an exit door that weighs up to 27kg (60lbs);
- acknowledge the Exit Row briefing given by cabin crew once on board the aircraft;
- not be seated with an infant;
- not utilise any part of the aircraft door (or its surrounding area) to rest feet, or any other personal item(s); and
- not require the use of an extension seat belt.
View full Terms and Conditions for seat selection.
- If your customer becomes unable to fulfil the Exit Row seat requirements, please notify Qantas immediately on 0800 731 313, option 1.
- If we are notified at least 24 hours prior to departure, your customer will be transferred to a regular seat and the original amount or Qantas Points will be refunded.
- For voluntary changes made by the customer, no refund of the Extra Legroom seat fee will be available.
- A voluntary change may include (but is not limited to) a seating change, change of flight or flight cancellation by the customer.
- For requests made in Manage Booking and an involuntary changes made by Qantas, a refund may be requested through our online refund form no later than three months after the departure date of the affected flight.
- Or for request made via your GDS, you may apply for a refund once travel is completed through BSPlink.
- An involuntary change may include (but is not limited to) a schedule change, a flight disruption or aircraft change.
- Exit Row seat refund conditions are independent of fare refund conditions.
Check-in for customers seated in Exit Row seats is only available at airport check-in counters.
Qantas has the sole discretion at check-in or boarding, to determine whether a passenger meets the requirements to sit in an Exit Row seat. If the passenger does not meet the requirements, they will be assigned a different seat.
Seat selection cannot be guaranteed as seats may need to be changed for operational, safety or security reasons, even after boarding the aircraft.