No Show Information
A no show occurs when a customer fails to check in for or board a confirmed flight.
To minimise the risk of a no show we recommend you:
- Ensure flights that your customer no longer requires are cancelled promptly
- Refer to our airport guide as check-in times may vary by departure airport
- Advise customers who require mobility assistance to allow extra check-in time
No Show – Domestic Flights
For domestic flights, Qantas defines a no-show as a customer:
- Not having checked in for the relevant sector shown on their booking by 30 minutes before scheduled flight departure time, without prior notification to the airline of a change or cancellation of that sector in accordance with the applicable fare conditions; or
- Having checked in for the relevant sector shown on their booking, but who fails to board the aircraft by the closure of boarding.
No refund or credit is permitted for no show on domestic Red eDeal or Flex fares. Refer to you GDS for all fare rules.
No Show - International Flights
Different fare rules apply for no-shows depending on destination and fare type. These may include:
- A no-show fee for changes made after no-show
- A no-show fee for a refund after no-show
- Fare non-refundable after no-show
Refer to you GDS for all fare rules.
Qantas issues ADMs for un-ticketed customers who no-show on international flights departing from Australia. The value of the ADM is NZ$75.00.