This policy is for providing information on managing customers that are impacted by Qantas cancellations of services between Sydney/Melbourne and Hong Kong.
The following commercial policy is available to customers holding a valid 081 ticket for flights QF127/QF128 and QF29/QF30 issued on/before 9 September 2022 for travel between 30 October 2022 and 29 January 2023.
Options for customers holding a Qantas (081) issued ticket:
|Ticket Reissue Conditions
- Flights no longer required must be cancelled prior to scheduled departure.
- All Qantas flight changes need to be actioned (reissued or revalidated) prior to travel
- Qantas will not be responsible for paying any other costs or expenses such as hotel or other ground operator fees arising due to events beyond our control, unless required by applicable laws.
- All other rules and conditions of the ticket remain unchanged.
- Once a ticket has been reissued using this authority, subsequent changes are subject to fare rules and conditions (unless covered by this or another commercial policy).
For customers with unticketed bookings:
For unticketed bookings, alternate flights/routings can be rebooked subject to availability and tickets issued in accordance with fare conditions.
For customers on Frequent Flyer Award Tickets:
Qantas Points Plus Pay bookings are entitled to the same options and conditions as listed above.
Qantas Classic Flight Reward tickets cannot be retained in credit. They can be changed or refunded. This must be done via Contact Centres.