This policy is available to Qantas customers holding a valid 081 ticket issued on/before 26 February 2021.
- Customers who elect to retain the value of the ticket in credit are entitled to one free change at time of reissue.
- Flights must be cancelled by Qantas and UN message generated to your GDS booking
- Flights no longer required must be cancelled prior to scheduled departure.
- Qantas will not be responsible for paying any other costs or expenses such as hotel or other ground operator fees arising due to events beyond our control, unless required by applicable laws.
- All other rules and conditions of the ticket remain unchanged.
- Customers are permitted to make changes as per applicable policy. Any subsequent changes made af ter the ticket is reissued will be subject to the rules and conditions of the original ticketed fare purchased.
|Effective date||To/from:||Travel dates|
UK (LHR including LHR/SIN vv.)
South Africa (JNB)
Hong Kong (HKG)
New Caledonia (NOU)
Papua New Guinea POM
Port Moresby (POM)
|28 March 2021 – 30 October 2021|
|1Mar21||New Zealand (AKL, WLG, CHC, ZQN)||28 March 2021 – 30 June 2021|
|3Mar21||Japan (HND, NRT, CTS, KIX)
|28 March 2021 – 30 October 2021|
Your Customer's Ticket
- Rebook (where possible) to the next available Qantas Airways operated flight
Book same class if possible, otherwise lowest available class in the same cabin. Where a cabin is no longer available, customers can be reaccommodated / rebooked on the next available Qantas operated flight in a lower cabin and offered a partial refund if applicable.
- Rebook (where possible) to a partner airline operated flight - please refer to the Schedule Change Policy
New Zealand - for passengers re-accommodated via AKL, customers can be booked on a Qantas flight operated by Air New Zealand or Jetstar. The New Zealand domestic sector must be rebooked in the same class as the fare purchased.
Emirates - QF pax booked in PY can be rebooked into R class (Y cabin) on EK operated and refund the fare difference. Rebooking is not allowed in the inbound (into AU) direction due to capacity limits set by the government.
- Retain the value of the ticket in credit Ticket can be held in credit until 31 December 2023.
If a ticket has an issue date prior to 31 January 2020, you will need to reissue the ticket prior to 31 December 2021. This will ensure all eTickets are open for use until 31 December 2023. Travel must be completed by 31 December 2023. If the new fare is of a higher value than the existing ticketed fare, the are difference is payable by the customer. Applicable ticket surcharges, fees and taxes may apply.
If the above alternative options are not suitable, customers are entitled to a refund. Customers who have commenced their journey are entitled to a refund of the impacted sector/s.
All Qantas flight changes need to be actioned (reissued or revalidated) prior to travel, regardless of which airline the ticket is validated to.
For customers holding a Qantas (081) issued ticket:
Your customer’ s ticket can be held in credit for future travel
- Reissue the ticket in-house if validated to Qantas (081).
- Ticket can be held in credit until 31 December 2023. If a ticket has an issue date prior to 31 January 2020, you will need to reissue the ticket prior to 31 December 2021. This will ensure all eTickets are open for use until 31 December 2023. Travel must be completed by 31 December 2023.
- Additional fare, surcharges and ticket taxes may apply.
- No change fee is to be applied to the reissue.
- Authority number 638327 must be entered into the endorsement box to waive the fee for voluntary changes and avoid ADM.
Your customer’ s ticket is being refunded
- Any refund fees will be waived for tickets issued in accordance with this policy
- This excludes fees imposed by suppliers or third parties.
- To request a refund, return the ticket to the original point of purchase.
- Refund Applications can be submitted via BSP Link with reference to the Authority number 638327 to waive any refund fees.