The following commercial policy is available to customers holding a valid
- 081 domestic ticket issued on/before 30 July 2021 for
- Travel between 29 July 2020 and 30 July 2021
For customers holding a domestic itinerary who are impacted by a change in State or Territory Government domestic border or travel policy, are unable to travel due to having been in a Covid-19 hot spot in the previous 14 days prior to travel or are unable to travel to Australia due to an International border closure.
Please refer to individual Australian State Government websites for the latest border restrictions.
Options for customers holding a Qantas (081) issued ticket:
|Option||Permitted actions||Ticket Reissue Conditions|
|1. Rebook travel||
|2. Retain ticket value in credit||
- Valid proof of being impacted by travel restrictions may include, but is not limited to: a booking reference or ticket number for travel on another airline or other form of transport to/from an impacted region, proof of address (if part of a suburb/state lockdown) eg. drivers licence. This information must be added to the booking as a remark where relevant.
- New travel dates must be within ticket validity.
- Changes on the day of departure are permitted. All other rules and conditions of the ticket remain unchanged.
- All changes must be made prior to the original ticketed departure.
- Customers are permitted to make changes as outlined in this policy. Any subsequent changes made after the ticket is reissued will be subject to the rules and conditions of the original ticketed fare purchased.
For customers with unticketed bookings:
For unticketed bookings, alternate flights/routings can be rebooked subject to availability and tickets issued in accordance with fare conditions.
For customers on Frequent Flyer Award Tickets:
Qantas Points Plus Pay and Qantas & Partner Classic Flight Rewards tickets: Customers are entitled to the same options and conditions as listed above.
Passengers who are travelling on Qantas or Partner Classic Flight Reward tickets are entitled under the Flexible Classic Flight Reward policy to cancel or rebook on an eligible Qantas, Jetstar or Frequent Flyer Partner Airlines subject to reward seat availability. Classic Flight Reward tickets cannot be retained in credit.
Please note, any changes to bookings in redemption classes must be made in the same class as the original booking.
For customers holding a non-Qantas (081) issued ticket:
For tickets validated to another carrier, please refer to the ticketed airline’s policy for ticket reissue.